Here is my pitch for an 8th governor.

darkace77450

Emperor
I know governors were a hit or miss addition to the game, but I quite liked them. So much so, in fact, that I'd like to see more. Firaxis pretty much covered all the bases with the seven governors introduced in Rise and Fall, but after racking my brain to find a space for an 8th, I've come up with The Environmentalist.

Default Title
Druidic Lore - +1 faith from unimproved woods tiles within this city's borders.

Tier 1 Titles
One With Nature - Yields from natural wonders within this city's borders are doubled.
Healthy Citizenry - So long as this city isn't starving it requires half as many amenities.

Tier 2 Titles
Green Energy - This city's Industrial Zone gains a major (+2) adjacency bonus if adjacent to a river. This bonus extends to each Industrial Zone within 6 tiles of this City Center.

Tier 3 Titles
Ecotourism - Naturalists purchased in the city are 25% cheaper. Doubles the tourism from National Parks in the city.
Organic Food - +1 amenity in the city for each farm, pasture, and plantation built on a bonus resource.

The idea behind The Environmentalist is to provide an alternative path to an early pantheon if you're not fortunate enough to discover an early relic or befriend a religious city-state, to offer a national park counterpart to Reyna's Curator, and to provide a means of growing a city's population without eating into your empire's amenities. I don't have any suggestions for a name or ethnicity for the governor, but making it female would create a balance of four male and four female governors.

That's my best shot at a new governor. If you have any ideas of your own, or if you think the current batch needs some work, feel free to post you ideas here.

I don't have any suggestions for a name or ethnicity for the governor, but making it female would create a balance of four male and four female governors.
Either Gaia or Terra would make since as a name, and I guess she would maybe look like she was from ancient Greece or Rome since that is the name of the Mother Earth Goddess in both pantheons.

Well, after today's reveal there is room to tighten up my design. Electricity produced by fossil fuels and clean, renewable sources gives plenty to play with. That said, I don't know what changes were made to existing governors, so it's hard to guess what ground is and isn't already covered by one of the existing seven governors.

I know governors were a hit or miss addition to the game, but I quite liked them. So much so, in fact, that I'd like to see more. Firaxis pretty much covered all the bases with the seven governors introduced in Rise and Fall, but after racking my brain to find a space for an 8th, I've come up with The Environmentalist.

Default Title
Druidic Lore - +1 faith from unimproved woods tiles within this city's borders.

Tier 1 Titles
One With Nature - Yields from natural wonders within this city's borders are doubled.
Healthy Citizenry - So long as this city isn't starving it requires half as many amenities.

Tier 2 Titles
Green Energy - This city's Industrial Zone gains a major (+2) adjacency bonus if adjacent to a river. This bonus extends to each Industrial Zone within 6 tiles of this City Center.

Tier 3 Titles
Ecotourism - Naturalists purchased in the city are 25% cheaper. Doubles the tourism from National Parks in the city.
Organic Food - +1 amenity in the city for each farm, pasture, and plantation built on a bonus resource.

The idea behind The Environmentalist is to provide an alternative path to an early pantheon if you're not fortunate enough to discover an early relic or befriend a religious city-state, to offer a national park counterpart to Reyna's Curator, and to provide a means of growing a city's population without eating into your empire's amenities. I don't have any suggestions for a name or ethnicity for the governor, but making it female would create a balance of four male and four female governors.

That's my best shot at a new governor. If you have any ideas of your own, or if you think the current batch needs some work, feel free to post you ideas here.

Mate, this sounds like it was made for kiwis. This could well be the unique governor for the Maori civ.

Screen caps of the GS governors menu reveal that Reyna now has a Forestry Management and a Renewable Subsidizer promotion, so that pretty much kills my hope of getting an environmentalist-themed governor. I'm not sure environmentalism fits under the umbrella of finance, but it is what it is.

Screen caps of the GS governors menu reveal that Reyna now has a Forestry Management and a Renewable Subsidizer promotion, so that pretty much kills my hope of getting an environmentalist-themed governor. I'm not sure environmentalism fits under the umbrella of finance, but it is what it is.
Managing and using green energy as a way to save money is probably the reason she got them.
I am curious about the new unique governor and who it would go to and what they will do.

Since the governor is supposed to be unique to 1 of the leaders, I'm wondering if Roxelana from the first leak will actually be the unique governor for Sulieman though I'm not sure what she'd focus on.

Since the governor is supposed to be unique to 1 of the leaders, I'm wondering if Roxelana from the first leak will actually be the unique governor for Sulieman though I'm not sure what she'd focus on.
Roxelana the Entertainer :rolleyes:

The more I think about it, it would make more sense if instead of Roxelana, the Ottomans would get a unique governor, the Grand Vizier, that might have some powers of all the other governors.

Top Bottom