Herne & Teutorix

Fenboy

King
Is anything known about these guys? They've got nothing really, except Teutorix's awesome quote about a cure for vampirism.

Teutorix accompanied Vern in his journey to the Mirror of Heaven, and also was a young boy when Vern met him in a tribe of humans wandering in the desert.

I believe he is also quite handy with a gun...

Both these heroes were made mid development, so I don't think that there isn't anything too profound behind them, but who knows... Maybe Kael has a book somewhere where he keeps profiles of awesomely deep and complex characters, complete with personal histories, which he refers to in case he needs one for a mod.

The obvious answer therefore...Lore needs to be made for them! :lol:

I'm creatively dry atm, anyone got any ideas?

Ehh, well... I think I might actually think I may recall a tidbit about Teutorix. I think he may be related to Chalid Astrakein. Don't quote me on that one though.

Anyways if we are just gonna make a story for him, we could make him a sort of counterpart to Chalid, or Varn. His cure for vampirism sort of suggests he may be a man of action. I'm imagining him as a sort of John Wayne-esq cowboy. That guy on the council, who you kinda wonder why is there in the first place, who seems to be the antithesis of the whole organization. He probably would be an Order sympathizer, and I would think would not get along with Decius because of it. In fact I can kinda imagine them as rivals, rivals who come to some sort of accord along the way.

Thats all I got for now, I'll think more on Herne

A very l;ong tube, some gunpowder, and bullets

There is a cure for vampirism. It involves the long barrel of a gun and large doses of splintered iron and powder.--Teutorix

Teutorix really hates vampires.

Teutorix should also have some backstory connection to the Empyrean. I realize the idea is that he's a councillor to reward Malakim players for choosing Empyrean, but it would be nice to see some lore attached to this.

I would imagine that Tertorix is the guy on the council who gives them a kick in the pants when they've been discussing a matter for way too long. "Look, all the debate in the world will come to nothing if we don't act. I'm marching towards Nubia tomorrow. If there's an army behind me, they're welcome to tag along. If there isn't, I guess I'll just have to take it myself."

Teutorix should also have some backstory connection to the Empyrean. I realize the idea is that he's a councillor to reward Malakim players for choosing Empyrean, but it would be nice to see some lore attached to this.
Actually, they don't need to adopt Empyrean to join the Overcouncil, they just have to research Honor and adopt the Overcouncil civic, so Teutorix is really pretty flexible.

... just from searching "chalid" and "teutorix" on Google, I have come to the conclusion that Kael switched their names at birth. Teutorix means "the people's king" in Welsh, whereas Chalid apparently means "moroccan-german kickboxer".

... just from searching "chalid" and "teutorix" on Google, I have come to the conclusion that Kael switched their names at birth. Teutorix means "the people's king" in Welsh, whereas Chalid apparently means "moroccan-german kickboxer".

[Giggles]

The meaning of Teutorix's name could lend some credence to my otherwise baseless theory that the Malakim hero might be the son and heir of Kane, and thus would eventually be most powerful man in the secular Malakim government (Varn probably still wields more influence though, as the Malakim are a deeply religious people and he is basically their pope). I suspect that Teutorix is not a very religious man, but is more accepting of the Empyrean than was his father.

The kickboxer thing seems quite odd. I still like to think that Chalid was a former member of the Emyrs (or at least a son of an Emyr, as was the captain of the Radiant Guard) whom Varn led to redemption and trained to be his successor. He was probably born a Sheaim, but has spent enough time with the Malakim that his skin would become as tan as his. He is now a kind and pious man, but still knows a great deal about dark magic and is an expert summoner. The demonic runes tattooed on his body might still lend his some strength like Saverous' did even after he was freed from the Burnt Priest, or they may just serve as a reminder of his past sins. Chalid is definitely now a priest, not a king.

[Giggles]

The Balor? :p

Top Bottom