• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Hinge Of Fate Game - Edelweiss

Pacific-
Landing at Sapporo! Marine Div wipes out a Radar Tower, and two USMCs assault the city, destroying two FDs
CLAA vs. Mikasa > 2/4 CLAA
CLAA shells Akita-Tokyo road!

Bombing of Shanghai
P-38 pings Inf Corp
Avenger pings Inf Corp
Avenger shot down

Europe-
MB destroys rails W-SW from Koln
HB destroys road
HB shot down near Salzburg
HB destroys rails near Salzburg
B29 shoots interceptor near Konigsberg
ASW DD pings sub in Antwerp
ASW DD pings top defender at Antwerp

Med-
ASW DD pings Naples FD
B29 shot down over Naples :(
HB shot down over Marseille
B29 destroys rails on the game near Milan
HB destroys roads
HB shot down near Milan
USMC dies on the beaches at Naples > 2/5 FD
Second USMC kills the FD >
US Marine Div kills Coastal Def, no damage taken
Avenger destroys rails S of Venice
F4U shoots down interceptor near Rome

The September 1944 Turn may have seen more aircraft shot down by defensive fire than any other turn in this game!!!??? :hmm: Amazing........

It could be that we're all taking bigger chances with the clock running down.

Looks like the Allies intend to stay on dry land this time. It's gonna be a bareknuckle year from here on out.

The September 1944 Turn may have seen more aircraft shot down by defensive fire than any other turn in this game!!!??? :hmm: Amazing........

When I took over the Germans for a couple of turns I did a re-org of the air defenses.
I built a bunch of new airbases and radar towers.

When I took over the Germans for a couple of turns I did a re-org of the air defenses.
I built a bunch of new airbases and radar towers.

It would seem the re-org of air defenses is a success! CW Scientists and Engineers are busy contemplating a new bomber with heavy armor to provide better protection.....

I think the naming of the save is quite confusing at times. I just think it would be easier to say what turn it is and what position you are. As in nature for the first turn is 1a and so on, so it make finding the save easier than the current method where it is the month and year which makes it out of turn order and sometimes hard to find.

I usually delete the saves after I've emailed them. I still have a copy in gmail if I ever need to go back to it, after all.

Sapporo:
Kamikaze sinks the convoy
FA and Kamikaze reduce Marine Corp to 2/7
MB damages FD 3/4
FT & 2 A7Ms all miss targets

Sea of Japan:
Kamikaze damages CLAA 2/4
I-Boat 3/4 vs CLAA

West of Shanghai:
FA damages ID
Gansu Army 9/11 vs ID
Mech Div vs Lt. Tank 2/4
Mech Div 2/4 vs Lt. Tank

N of Sian:
ID 3/4 vs guerilla

Sapporo:
Kamikaze sinks the convoy
FA and Kamikaze reduce Marine Corp to 2/7
MB damages FD 3/4
FT & 2 A7Ms all miss targets

Sea of Japan:
Kamikaze damages CLAA 2/4
I-Boat 3/4 vs CLAA

West of Shanghai:
FA damages ID
Gansu Army 9/11 vs ID
Mech Div vs Lt. Tank 2/4
Mech Div 2/4 vs Lt. Tank

N of Sian:
ID 3/4 vs guerilla

WoW! Things are really heating up in Japan and in China! The crewmembers of that 2/4 Lt Tank Div certainly earned decorations :salute:after taking out a Mech Inf Div!!! TO be honest I didn't expect that size of counter-attack on this turn? The results certainly could have been worse!

On another note...interesting to see how Kamikazes operate in the game. It seems they are doing what they were intended to do....unfortunately for the Allies. Off hand Eric...don't they need aluminum, oil, and rubber to build? You gotta be running out of those by now I would think???

On another note...interesting to see how Kamikazes operate in the game. It seems they are doing what they were intended to do....unfortunately for the Allies. Off hand Eric...don't they need aluminum, oil, and rubber to build? You gotta be running out of those by now I would think???

He's been holding them in reserve for a WHILE now. I saw one on Iwo Jima a good 6-8 turns ago.

No, Kamikaze are a "last resort" weapon and don't require resources, being built from
scrap metal and other "re-cycled" materials.
Fuel is an interesting topic: Towards the end of the war Japan developed a "synthetic fuel"
which was a vile mixture of stuff such as grain alcohol and pine tar. The only problem was it
totally destroyed the engines after 5 or 6 hours of flying time, but it worked long enough for
a one-way suicide mission. I read it in this book:

Oil & War: How the Deadly Struggle for Fuel in WWII Meant Victory or Defeat Hardcover – 1987
by Robert Goralski (Author)

No, Kamikaze are a "last resort" weapon and don't require resources, being built from
scrap metal and other "re-cycled" materials.
Fuel is an interesting topic: Towards the end of the war Japan developed a "synthetic fuel"
which was a vile mixture of stuff such as grain alcohol and pine tar. The only problem was it
totally destroyed the engines after 5 or 6 hours of flying time, but it worked long enough for
a one-way suicide mission. I read it in this book:

Oil & War: How the Deadly Struggle for Fuel in WWII Meant Victory or Defeat Hardcover – 1987
by Robert Goralski (Author)

Sometimes when one asks a question...one gets a lot more in return! Eric...I've never...ever heard nor read this anywhere! Went back to my WWII library of books I have and can't find this in any of them. Thanks Eric. I like learning something I hadn't read. I will get this book. Just a little trivia...my wife's dad was one of the senior Crew Chiefs for the 403rd Heavy Bomber Squadron (B-24s) at Rabual.

Just a little trivia...my wife's dad was one of the senior Crew Chiefs for the 403rd Heavy Bomber Squadron (B-24s) at Rabual.

which seems to be a hint that you are out of your twenties already, AK ;)

btw, i am still following your great game and hope you will post a few shots after this has ended. just do not forget to make some pics now so that we lurkers then finally also will get a picture of your epic battles afterwards.

t_x

which seems to be a hint that you are out of your twenties already, AK ;)

btw, i am still following your great game and hope you will post a few shots after this has ended. just do not forget to make some pics now so that we lurkers then finally also will get a picture of your epic battles afterwards.

t_x

That's fine T x and check back in shortly....I'm sure Juriel is going to post a very interesting summary for his current turn! We Allies are pretty anxious to see what sort of reception he has for us in occupied France......???:confused:

Turn Done GPS to Allies

I was going to bring my notes to work with me so I could post the turn but I was in such a hurry this morning I left them at home.
I had to redo the turn do to a power surge and I rushed out the replay of the turn this morning and at least I matched the first turn with no different results.

Here are some highlight I can remember from the turn.

Bordeaux, Cherbourg, and Brest all are now in German hands!

Also my U-Boats took it on the chin going against the Royal Navy as several U-Boats where sunk at the hands of CW ASW DD's

South of Baku a few Minor units are taken out and no action was taken against Russia

Full Update when I get home tonight

Sorry for the screw up!

Top Bottom