Hinge Of Fate Game - Edelweiss

This is the Far East:

Attachments

• japan_end.JPG
    japan_end.JPG
    208 KB · Views: 272
Here's a few shots from the game.

The Americans hit North Africa in March 1942 and Oran soon after. Italy sent a battleship out as bait so our transport could safely land an infantry army. Not a great idea, it got annihilated shortly after.

Spoiler :

In June of 42 Italy sent its armies north to try to draw off Russian reserves. They were crushed shortly after.

Spoiler :

First Allied landings in France, April 1943. They lasted a few months before being evicted.

Spoiler :

At the same time, April 43, Italy broke through Maykop and reached the limit of its advance.

Spoiler :

The British landings in Greece, July 1944. This time they came to stay. Italy expended its last major mobile reserves.

Spoiler :

November 1944, the beginning of the end. France is radioactive rubble. All allied forces attack in strength. Italy spent its last infantry army and newly formed panther army fighting the Brazilians before being wiped out.

Spoiler :

Great game, fellas. Excellent play by all involved, with lots of ups and down.

Attachments

• 42-06 Algeria June 42.jpg
    42-06 Algeria June 42.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 492
  • 42-06 Russian June 42.jpg
    42-06 Russian June 42.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 502
  • 43-04 Bordeaux.jpg
    43-04 Bordeaux.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 601
  • 43-04 Rus Apr 43.jpg
    43-04 Rus Apr 43.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 481
  • 44-07 July 44.jpg
    44-07 July 44.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 466
  • 44-11 November 44.jpg
    44-11 November 44.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 558
thanks for the pictures! what a game.

It was an exciting game to be sure and one if not the longest played of the HoF games. I have to say that the Axis trio of; Eric, Juriel, and AB was perhaps the strongest ever assembled. And I also have to say that Classical Hero played an extraordinary job as Nature!

But my "Best Played" Award goes to Glasnost! Val played a heck of a first HoF game playing Russia! And thank goodness for E who kept the Allies afloat for most of the game. I really enjoyed our emails discussing strategy throughout the game. Especially the ones when I was crying about the numerous times Juriel and Anthony kicked me out of France and the Balkans repeatedly!

I hope there are future revisions and a game or two of HoF in the future? If so then let me know! Great game everyone! :thumbsup:

Sully

I think there needs to be a new rule for Nature, that they can attack empty cities, so this makes sure at least one uni is in a city at all times. This represents nature running over a poorly run city.

Thank you for the kind words Sully! :)

Russia got beaten up quite a bit by Axis, but I guess I at least delayed the opposition somewhat to allow you guys to grow.

It was very nice experience, sadly I wasn't able to contribute much during the last turns but perhaps on the next game ;).

Eric, Any plans for revisions or future games?

Yes, I have new version I'm working on, fixing some of the Nature problems we
uncovered in this game and slowing down the production of nukes.

Before I start a new HOF game I'm going to start another game based on a new
scenario I've been working on, here's a clue:

Attachments

• MD.JPG
    MD.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 270
OK finally got the file via site #3! I'll start trying out the single play! And Eric, for whatever reason I do not get email notifications when a post is made to the thread. So please let me know if any major posts are made? I'll try to check the thread every day also. Thanks! Can't figure out why despite subscribing the threads I'm not getting the notifications? Odd.

Hey guys sorry for the delay in this just getting lazy in my old age.

Well and running a small company and taking on more family obligations are also to blame.

I just wanted to say "Great Game All!" and Congrats to the Allies:clap: for the great comeback win.

Also Good Job to the Axis team :goodjob: we gave them a run for the money.

I also think Glasnost did a fine job handling all that we sent after him, and of course Sully playing so much of the Allied turns helped the Allies cause as well.

As far as Germany the combined Allied Bombing of Western Europe coupled with the rain of Atomic bombs from E and the USA made it impossible in the end for Germany to stay a viable opponent.

Once again Congrats!:D

Hey guys sorry for the delay in this just getting lazy in my old age.

Well and running a small company and taking on more family obligations are also to blame.

I just wanted to say "Great Game All!" and Congrats to the Allies:clap: for the great comeback win.

Also Good Job to the Axis team :goodjob: we gave them a run for the money.

I also think Glasnost did a fine job handling all that we sent after him, and of course Sully playing so much of the Allied turns helped the Allies cause as well.

As far as Germany the combined Allied Bombing of Western Europe coupled with the rain of Atomic bombs from E and the USA made it impossible in the end for Germany to stay a viable opponent.

Once again Congrats!:D

As always J you are a top notch player who strikes fear into your opponents! I missed it when you weren't able to play. You're a good guy J and I'm glad to have been able to play with and against you!

Glas did do great in his first game here against the best Axis team ever formed. And E was the core of the Allied team that won the game for us. It was a lot of fun to be sure. Be well!

Top Bottom