1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

HistographSymbols

Discussion in 'CivRev - Strategy & Tips' started by Random Fires, Jul 14, 2008.

1. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

Nah because I'd have way more swords and stars then. I think the swords represent significant battles.

2. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Deity

I've studied it, as well, and have come up with nothing. I'm a bit surprised that Fireaxis hasn't clarified what these symbols mean. This game seems rushed.

3. natetm

natetm Chieftain

dont know what the sword is, but the star is probley goldon age

4. Fadan80

Fadan80 Adriana Lima Fan

Is there Golden Age in this game???

I have not gotten any so far...

5. natetm

natetm Chieftain

oh wait i think the sword is when you destroy a nation or capture its capital city

6. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

There's no golden ages.

7. goofyballer

goofyballer Chieftain

Nah. My game last night had all the swords near the beginning, and there were a lot of them, when in fact I didn't capture any capitals/destroy any civs until the late game.

8. Random Fires

Random Fires Chieftain

A game I just had had four stars red, and one green, all in the same line of time. I did have four cities, but another color is new (noticed it on some swords earlier though). The lack of an answer from 2k on this subject convinces be that this aspect of the game is entirely broken.

9. goofyballer

goofyballer Chieftain

Yeah - the fact that they all appear concentrated in one particular era even though any conceivable event that they represent would be taking place over the course of the entire game makes it pretty likely that it just doesn't work right and they didn't bother fixing it before release.

10. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Deity

It is a bit annoying that we still don't know/can't figure out what these symbols mean.

It seems like somebody with the developer could shed some light on the subject.

11. runningtired

runningtired Chieftain

I'm gonna add in my frustration with the histograph, as well as the lack of statistics post-game. I mean, why have a tab titled "Final Score" only to show you that you came in first? Why not just say "rank" instead of "score"?

12. eireksten

eireksten Protective/Organized

Because Rank applies to the other thing where they compare you to Macchiavelli and Churchill...?

13. plasticbeast

plasticbeast Chieftain

I agree with everyone here. The histograph is crap.
    This game is in desperate need of a stat page like in a sports game.
    How neat would it be to see how many battles you won and lost over the course of a game?
    How many wonders, great people, etc....
    The list goes on and on. It would really add to the trash talk and competitiveness of the game.

14. BrendanM

BrendanM Prince

That's probably my biggest grudge against most Civ games. Civ 4 had it and I thought that was awesome, but I didn't like Civ 4. Civ 3 had some, but not in depth.

I love history and statistics, Civ has the history now I just want tons and tons of statistics. How many units I destroyed and of what type, how many wars I was in and duration and cost. Things like that.

15. I-am-a-panda

I-am-a-panda

Maybe stars are when your city takes lead. No clue about the sword.

16. Inky95

Inky95 Chieftain

just had a thought, what if the swords are barbarian villages and the stars are friendly ones.

17. mystiqblackcat

mystiqblackcat Chieftain

Inky I was just about to say the same thing, it would make sense because you always clear out barbs and villages at the beginning.:lol:

18. vapaach

vapaach Chieftain

No, they cant be. I only get about 1/2 swords/stars in a game, even when i destroy or visit about 5 friendly/hostile barbarian villages. I think the sword means that you capture a capital.

19. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Deity

Does anyone else find it rather pathetic that this very simple question has not been answered three weeks after it was put on this board?

20. Random Fires

Random Fires Chieftain

Hehe, I do. I stopped visiting the 2K site altogether where I posted and pm'd the same question(got told it'd get looked into). I guess they have a networking problem in general, at all levels. Since the 2K Kronies can't or won't, I'll attempt to answer this "secret" and "mystical" question. It may be inaccurate, and I may have to kill you once you know it's secret.:lol:

The histrogram represents your Civ's power from the beginning of time, to your eventual victory, or demise.
    This power/score is derived by a Civ's, culture, population, land mass, tech level, and dash of oregano.
    The symbols in the graph; Swords=barb villages conquered. Stars= Cities of Status. Cities of status are usually capitals, have more then a population of four, and have a star flag waving in the breeze above them in game.
    As you progressed though the game, gaining power, the shaded area will increase in the graph, or decrease do to unpleasant events such as, you know... losing.
    When a Civ is losing ground, their shaded area diminishes, and eventually ends when the Civ is gone.
    Strong and consistent players will see a steady angle of growth.
    Great come backs from disasters look like a parabola. And short, small, diminishing graphs mean your looking at this graph all to soon... Drop down a level or stop gambling on early rushes:lol:

Well there yeah go, the un-offical answer.. It maybe wrong, but at least a reply.