Historical Victory Monologues

KOREA
By land and the sea, the three kingdoms were hemmed in from all sides. Chieftains turned monarchs suddenly faced massive invasions from seemingly unending Chinese dynasties. Conquerors came and went, but the rivers and mountains stayed put with this reality the first Goryeo miraculously survived against the strongest nation know to man. For but a moment, there was peace. In the succeeding generations, the whole of the land was consolidated with the former tribes joining the kings into a benevolent feudal friendship. However, peacetime brought open trade and foreign concepts such as the teachings of Kǒng Fūz and Bulta, but the people seeing some inconsistencies from the foreigners and created the principal Hwajaeng which correctly harmonized wise teachings. The education of the nation was enriched, and became unique in the whole world, in doubt due to the careful instruction given at Palman Daejanggyeong and Gukjagam. You wisely ordered the creation of a new writing system accessible to your people called Hangul, so that Goroyeo became the most literate country in the world. Book publishing became so widespread that great minister Cohe Yun-ui invented movable type printing. As the homeland excelled, unfortunately, the chaos of the world came to threaten the people once again, this time from the waters around us. Admiral Yi Sun Shin with your full blessing crafted the floating iron Geobukseons invincible to all kinds of fire.
Our foes sink to the bottom of the Gojoseon Sea, we have earned the right, to create our destiny. We can now study the mind, the earth, and the stars in tranquility!

EDIT: To keep consistency with opening text, most references to Gojoseon were replaced. The sea mention was kept.

Last edited:
Thanks for removing Gojoseon references, no need to mix medieval myths into the victory.

I haven't spell checked all of your outros , but I think Aksum/Axum and Phoenicia could need that attention. Also, I see a tendency to write texts that seem longer than the OP had them. Have more condensed ones that go less for the mythical origins and more on the UHV achievements?

Anyway, great work!

Thanks for looking over them, I will correct them at a later date.

If you read the texts closely, you will find they all have the UHV, though I tend to write about this in a less than direct manner.

I also tend to like longer texts, because it allows for construction of a more story like feel, and really each Civ needs a different length. I may go through and shorten some of them at a later date, but I don't see a need to make them as short as the OP. The mythos you see provided usually goes hand and hand with UHV goals or gives cultural context. After all, if this is the victory of your chosen civ, then the victor will be given an image of the world from that particular civ's point of view.

For example, the Maya victory monologue may appear to be mythical but that is in fact because it is constructing a world view where they rather than the Europeans, break the oceanic barrier first.

Currently, I am trying to write them all in the order (roughly) of when they come about. If you would like to make some, that would be welcome :).

JAPAN
When the blank ink was sworn unto the Nihon Shoki over 1300 years ago our ancestors may not have been able to comprehend how the little drops that created our islands turned into mighty tidal waves! Here we are in the 27th century, the labors, the dedication and struggle of our collective soul of the nation have born beautiful and yet productive fruit. When you look at the teeming metropolis below our feet, we cannot forget the endeavors who came before us. We first had art, and the stories of old to guide the way, our noh theaters, castles, and libraries gave everyone the aspiration to not just live, but to live fully for the gods and the emperor. Fully on its own, over one thousand years later, did humble villages turn into a rising sun of insight for the world. Yet, as we took care of our own appointed house, our neighbors languished in disharmony and turmoil. To make matters worse, aggressors with no spiritual conscious arrived to exploit our kin for their material betterment. We decided that, as humanity blazed with imperialism, that we had to act. We had to save the Chūgoku, Joseon and everyone else we had ever met to keep them safe in our house, and we did! Yet as greedy tigers do not give up their cave, the far away imperialists would not give up their throne easily. To our surprise, we discovered there was just a little we could learn from them. You guided us to take what we could and then to excel beyond what any man had dreamed before. Now in spirit and in the mind, the sun that rose over the eastern horizon has risen high to the top of the sky, and now we are all shining sun!

NORSE (VIKINGS)
We have gold, wine and yet more gold, but we have the most now is the glory! The honor to be among the greatest víkingar in Odin's name is truly bestowed upon you, and all of your followers in the whole of Norse lands! In the old time, we started by fighting each other, but you pointed the way to honor and kinship was by the sea! Our harsh land made us the best of warriors. We turned our faces toward the decadent peoples that would have had us groveling at their feet, we would not share the fate of Saxony! We struck first with the bitter blade, and fire, cracking their walls open! Those who lived became our dutiful servants. In the end, we taught those, who arrogantly believed they could change us! When the smoke cleared, we started to build a new world with many many new homes around the North Sea. We searched for more fulfillment and for a sign from the gods and thus after passing many glacier worlds we sighted to the west, Vinland, the land of wine! There, the land's strange Skralings were made to understand us. But, even in our glory, we were not finished! With our sights larger than ever before, we had the opportunities of opportunities for any man- or woman to accumulate honor! Let us take our helmets, drink the finest of ale, and tell the sagas that will never be forgotten by our children's children and all o their kindred!

Can you make it accessible to everyone who has the link?

Thanks for making it,
Is it possible for other people to edit?

ARABIA
Do you feel the special shine of this sunrise? We have come to a critical point along the path illuminated for us by the All-Merciful and Compassionate Allah. For we have understood better than all would be prophets of the messages provided to us! In building the wisdom of Ijtihad we granted so many secrets of the world that we are uncovering only because our scholars are as devout as they are reasoned, we now have the opportunity to mold the future of humanity, because we have molded our fingers as directed by the messenger, oh peace be upon him! With great triumph has also come to us a great trial. For so many others from the coldest, farthest parts of our world came to undo our work, but Mongol and Frank alike were taught the strength and wisdom of our one true jihad! As Saladin would have so, the others were driven back into the seas of water and steppe, preserving our natural caliphate. In our struggle, we learned that our aptitude must be boundless as the breath of this world that we have been fortunate enough to see in our own eyes. We created the community of Dar A Islam across kingdom innumerable with shining minerals and songful prayers herd all throughout the days. Lo! My Caliph, you are making heaven in the image of him who sits above! His name and yours will be remembered until the hour of judgment!

INDONESIA
For hundred of year's our ancestor has been sailed to the unknown and eventually settled in the various of Archipelago. We the Austronesian has soon develop a trade network between The Chinese in the North and the Dravidian's in the West. We have controlled all of the spices and our Luxury of the great state of Majapahit, their great Kings, Queens and our Statesman have been archived the great conquest of other Malay Tribes and United the States into the one Greatest state of Insulindia.

I am afraid not
I don't have enough python knowledge to bring the pictures with the monologues.
If someone else could code the monologues in (without the pictures). I would agree to finish the writing part :).

Lets just make it simple
Just text entries.
And then hand it over to Loreorth. What do you think? @MalayanGamer

Top Bottom