Hoax, or very early build?

Hoax or not?

• Hoax

Votes: 69 20.9%
  • Not hoax

Votes: 261 79.1%

• Total voters
If you have seen all those 80 screenshots, you simply cant think its a hoax. Its impossible. Of course they can still change a lot of things, but they are not going to change the Civs.

Oh speaking of those 80 screenshots, would someone mind posting a link from imgur of all 80 of them? I'd like to see all of them, there is probably more info to glean from it

If it's a hoax, I want to commend the hoaxers on their icon for the Comanche Riders. I love it.

Wait - are there more screenshots besides these 7? Or by 80 he meant 7?

It was a rar. file that contained 78 pictures. It was in a thread that was later removed. Most of the pics dont offer new information, but some do.

I think most of that information has been already discussed in "What We Know About Brave New World" -thread. There might also be link to this rar. -file in that thread.

A part of me is hoping ts a hoax though, because Austria seems like a better version of Venice and the names for the units of Venice are just uncreative. Also, someone pointed out that Venice built ships quickly, which made them so strong, and they didn't get strong as a naval republic with qualitative ships, if you know what I mean. In the end Venice isn't that revolutionary, it is just Austria with more money, but less to take city states (given you use mostly money to get your CS allies as Austria) and no settlers.
Also, the shoshones, true, they were an important civ, but I feel like a different native american civ would have been better to choose from. And the pathfinder just seems as though it is a unit any Native American civ could have, and isn't specific to the shoshone. Just read their historical note on the leaked screen shots. It says nothing about shoshones.

It was a rar. file that contained 78 pictures. It was in a thread that was later removed. Most of the pics dont offer new information, but some do.

I think most of that information has been already discussed in "What We Know About Brave New World" -thread. There might also be link to this rar. -file in that thread.

Thanks. I usually forget about that thread's existence.

Not hoax, but early build. A lot of this stuff may still be due for a change -- I was in the original game beta, and still recall when the Iroquois got to treat ALL forests as road, for instance. (Or did that even last until a few patches post-release? I forget.) The Venetians and Shoshone's powers might be in for similar modifications.

There would have easily been a dozen better Comanche leaders than this Shoshone leader picked.

I believe you. However, I don't think that's at all relevant since (as mentioned above), I don't think leader choice was a significant factor. In fact, with a couple of exceptions, I don't think leader is ever the predominant factor. Even the Pueblo, they made it clear they wanted the Pueblo first and then started looking for leaders (finding about Popé) in the process.

Oh speaking of those 80 screenshots, would someone mind posting a link from imgur of all 80 of them? I'd like to see all of them, there is probably more info to glean from it

Here's a link to 8 of them: http://imgur.com/a/Mxdc7#E0iJ18V

And a link to the 78: http://www.speedyshare.com/4MGMf/screenshots.rar

NOTE: I have no association with the latter site but the free download was not problematic. Of course I set a restore point before downloading and executing. :)

PS: Reviewed the screenshots; most are already published and uncontroversial; a few relating to the two "mystery" unreleased civs are also in the imgur link above of 8 photos. I'm basically convinced from the evidence that this is not a hoax. If there are blemishes in the game images/icons/text, they could simply be due to being from a beta, e.g. placeholders, etc.

The only thing that is skeptical to me is that they both have two Unique Units and no buildings or improvements. Maybe its been modified since this was released though. Idk, they both seem like plausible civilizations

The only thing that is skeptical to me is that they both have two Unique Units and no buildings or improvements. Maybe its been modified since this was released though. Idk, they both seem like plausible civilizations

Actually, this means nothing.

Greece, Huns, Mongolia, and several other civs have Two UUs, this isn't anything out of the ordinary, in fact, i'm surprised that there's only 2 Double UUs civ overall in BNW.

Although this could be a hoax, I find it unlikely, it seems to be way too much of an effort to just fool us. But we will see soon.

In fact, the fact that they have 2 UU is explanatory since there haven't been any with two so far, while the previous expansion seemed to prefer two UUs quite a bit.

I completely agree with you.

If you mean a deliberate "phony leak" release to stir up fans, maybe I could buy it.

More likely than a fan hoax or company hoax, anyway. I can't see any gaming firm going to the unprecedented length of creating a hoax out of whole cloth, just to stir up the fan base. It would be an outrageous expenditure of resources to set up a dummy build and these companies look at their budget first. And the amount of controversy in the forum confirms that this could even disappoint some potential buyers as it is.

No, given Murphy's Law applies in the real world, I think it is an inadvertent leak that in the end may serve to provide some pre-release sizzle but that's about it. The rest of the world could give a whit what we see and say on these forums anyway - and that includes most potential buyers, who never come here to begin with.

Yeah, I uploaded the important ones to imgur, but uploading 78 full-sized screenshots was beyond my internet capacity. It's simple enough to download the .rar though. PLEASE NOTE you don't need to download the site's .exe, just click on the filename in the link. It's amazing how many people seem to have missed that...

Top Bottom