HOF Civ4 Update Discussion

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated. 52 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to Seraiel for the highest Firaxis score of the update with a Large, Marathon, Deity, Space Colony game for 1,700,016 points.

NobleZarkon,Mad2rix, neilmeister and b]kcd_swede[/b] were the most active players during this update, submitting 6 games.

Only 4 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update:
kcd_swede - 1450 AD, Small, Epic, Deity, Domination game for 72364 points.
kcd_swede - 1530 AD, Small, Epic, Deity, Conquest game for 67323 points.
Seraiel - 1100 AD, Large, Epic, Deity, Conquest game for 322111 points.
Seraiel - 695 AD, Large, Marathon, Deity, Space Colony game for 1700016 points.
Sgtpeppers - 1090 AD, Tiny, Epic, Deity, Diplomatic game for 50467 points.
yyeah - 940 AD, Large, Marathon, Deity, Space Colony game for 1041403 points.
Gauntlet Results:
G-Minor 200 - Conquest, Prince, Ancient, Small, Normal, Fractal, (check options)
1st aitkensam - 875 BC
2nd NobleZarkon - 520 AD - 86,991 points
3rd lymond - 520 AD - 80,660 points

** New Gauntlets Starting **
G-Minor 201 - Religious, Prince, Ancient, Standard, Epic, Oasis, (check options)

A number of players gained number one positions:
Seraiel with a 1100 AD, Large, Epic, Deity, Conquest game for 322111 points.
Seraiel with a 695 AD, Large, Marathon, Deity, Space Colony game for 1700016 points.

Fractal Spiral with a 1806 AD, Huge, Normal, Monarch, Space Colony game for 51000 points.
Fractal Spiral with a 1605 AD, Large, Normal, Monarch, Diplomatic game for 16441 points.

Fractal Spiral with a 1735 AD, Huge, Normal, Prince, Cultural game for 24235 points.
NobleZarkon with a 905 AD, Tiny, Marathon, Prince, Diplomatic game for 116082 points.

NobleZarkon with a 925 AD, Tiny, Marathon, Noble, Diplomatic game for 108194 points.

NobleZarkon with a 835 AD, Tiny, Marathon, Warlord, Diplomatic game for 54543 points.

Karl_t_great with a 1625 BC, Duel, Epic, Chieftain, Religious game for 33347 points.

Karl_t_great with a 1530 AD, Duel, Epic, Settler, Space Colony game for 30819 points.

A number of players gained a composite table High Score (i.e. Any Condition):
neilmeister with a 1356 AD, Tiny, Marathon, Prince, game for 664066 points.

Wow, 1.7 million score sounds amazing, Seraiel! Why don't you play sometimes on easier difficulties? You could complete all components for QM.

Wow, 1.7 million score sounds amazing, Seraiel! Why don't you play sometimes on easier difficulties? You could complete all components for QM.

Thx kovacs :) . Kaitzilla unfortunately scored 18k more, otherwise I'd now be holding the #1 Spacerace in the current Gauntlet and have the #1 highscore on Large.

I often think about trying out the other difficulties to complete QM, but somehow I land at Deity always again. I currently got no motivation to play Huge maps, possibly even with Raging Barbs, and then I'd had to get comfortable with the other levels too, you know, all of that popping Settlers and Workers out of huts, Warrior rushing or adapting to AIs that are even more incompetent than the Deity-ones. I guess QM is just not important enough for me, also because some refer to it as the "Cheese-master" , because Incans are allowed. Maybe I'll still finish it someday, I always look for the Gauntlets and the Challenge has also awakened my interest, so if I see a possibility to get a frontpage-HoF-slot while playing those, I'll do it. The new Minor is unfortunately a Religious Victory, which I don't play either, as all this needing to be lucky from things I have no influence on is not really my playstyle, I prefer playing one game excessively, and not 20 games that last less than an hour to have a good result in the end.

1.7m was probably more of a side effect.

Congrats on the new fastest - ever - deity space game: 695 AD !
(edit: and it's non-Inca)

1.7m was probably more of a side effect.

Congrats on the new fastest - ever - deity space game: 695 AD !
(edit: and it's non-Inca)

Thx mate :) .

Don't overlook that 1100 AD Conquest Victory ;) .

Thx kovacs :) . Kaitzilla unfortunately scored 18k more, otherwise I'd now be holding the #1 Spacerace in the current Gauntlet and have the #1 highscore on Large.

I often think about trying out the other difficulties to complete QM, but somehow I land at Deity always again. I currently got no motivation to play Huge maps, possibly even with Raging Barbs, and then I'd had to get comfortable with the other levels too, you know, all of that popping Settlers and Workers out of huts, Warrior rushing or adapting to AIs that are even more incompetent than the Deity-ones. I guess QM is just not important enough for me, also because some refer to it as the "Cheese-master" , because Incans are allowed. Maybe I'll still finish it someday, I always look for the Gauntlets and the Challenge has also awakened my interest, so if I see a possibility to get a frontpage-HoF-slot while playing those, I'll do it. The new Minor is unfortunately a Religious Victory, which I don't play either, as all this needing to be lucky from things I have no influence on is not really my playstyle, I prefer playing one game excessively, and not 20 games that last less than an hour to have a good result in the end.

I agree that prince and below levels are a joke, but emperor and immortal, or even monarch is still can be a challenge since these levels are not that easier than deity. Actually you have less possibilities to cooperate with AIs while they still build cities fairly quickly.

I often think about trying out the other difficulties to complete QM, but somehow I land at Deity always again. I currently got no motivation to play Huge maps, possibly even with Raging Barbs, and then I'd had to get comfortable with the other levels too, you know, all of that popping Settlers and Workers out of huts, Warrior rushing or adapting to AIs that are even more incompetent than the Deity-ones.
Well, you don't have to do all that. All it would take is completing one game of each difficulty and I think you'd be in the top 10 of the overall QM table. What you mentioned is required only if you want to one day rise to the top of that table. I can understand that playing games just to finish them, to get a spot on the list, is not your style though. So maybe play the challenger series. At least there is some competition, and you'd complete most of the inferno event in the process.

Well, you don't have to do all that. All it would take is completing one game of each difficulty and I think you'd be in the top 10 of the overall QM table. What you mentioned is required only if you want to one day rise to the top of that table. I can understand that playing games just to finish them, to get a spot on the list, is not your style though. So maybe play the challenger series. At least there is some competition, and you'd complete most of the inferno event in the process.

Even without having that event, I'm already #7 or #8, so you're right ;) . Still, playing a game to not get a #1 position is just not my style. shulec pursuaded me into doing so once, maybe I'll do it again to just please kovacsflo, at least then, I wouldn't show up in any table except the Deity-one :D .

@ kovacsflo: If AI is still good at settling cities, that even makes it easier, because one has to settle less oneself.

Top Bottom