HOF IV Update

Methos

HoF Quattromaster
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated. 219 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to Kamino for the highest score of the update with a Duel Immortal Domination game for 402,251 points. Drool was the most active player during this update, submitting 23 games.

G-Minor 35 is now closed. Shyuhe earned the fastest finish with a finish date of 1875 BC. DJMGator13 was the second fastest with a finish date of 1725 BC and ChrisFromLux took third with a 1625 BC.

G-Major 21 is now closed. There was a three way tie for fastest finish with a date of 1765 AD. They are karmina, Lexad, and Moonsinger. Shyuhe took fourth place with the second fastest date of 1790 AD and Jimmy Thunder took fifth with the third fastest date of 1795 AD.

We have several new gauntlets starting...
G-Minor 36 is a standard conquest game at normal speed on a continents map.
G-Minor 37 is a standard religious AP victory at normal speed on a rainforest map.
G-Major 22 is similar to G-Minor 36, only it is played on emperor difficulty level.

>> Civ IV HOF
>> Full Update Details

Only 13 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update.
BLubmuz submitted a 1940 AD Standard Deity Conquest game for 27441 points.
DJMGator13 submitted a 1880 AD Standard Deity Conquest game for 15660 points.
FiveAces submitted a 1770 AD Standard Deity Diplomatic game for 5665 points and a 1908 AD Tiny Deity Conquest game for 9986 points and a 1765 AD Standard Deity Space Race game for 24644 points.
jesusin submitted a 1675 AD Small Deity Cultural game for 34892 points.
Jimmy Thunder submitted a 1795 AD Standard Deity Conquest game for 22624 points and a 1815 AD Standard Deity Conquest game for 23984 points.
karmina submitted a 1775 AD Standard Deity Conquest game for 28954 points and a 1765 AD Standard Deity Conquest game for 32135 points.
Lexad submitted a 1765 AD Standard Deity Conquest game for 30092 points and a 1770 AD Standard Deity Conquest game for 28705 points.
Misotu submitted a 1730 AD Huge Deity Diplomatic game for 9601 points and a 1770 AD Huge Deity Diplomatic game for 10106 points and a 1710 AD Huge Deity Diplomatic game for 8697 points and a 1855 BC Tiny Deity Conquest game for 148920 points and a 1675 BC Tiny Deity Conquest game for 83066 points.
Mjr_gamer submitted a 1840 AD Standard Deity Conquest game for 30545 points and a 1904 AD Standard Deity Conquest game for 20429 points.
Moonsinger submitted a 1785 AD Standard Deity Conquest game for 21357 points and a 1775 AD Standard Deity Conquest game for 32214 points and a 1775 AD Standard Deity Conquest game for 23777 points and a 1765 AD Standard Deity Conquest game for 25807 points.
numdydar submitted a 2330 BC Duel Deity Conquest game for 32110 points.
RobertTheBruce submitted a 1875 AD Standard Deity Conquest game for 27508 points. WastinTime submitted a 1880 AD Standard Deity Space Colony game for 45625 points and a 1710 BC Small Deity Religious game for 35387 points and a 1550 AD Small Deity Cultural game for 40217 points and a 1880 BC Tiny Deity Religious game for 38382 points and a 1870 BC Duel Deity Religious game for 36747 points.

A number of players gained number one positions:
jesusin with a 1675 AD Small Deity Cultural game for 34892 points.
karmina with a 1765 AD Standard Deity Conquest game for 32135 points.
Misotu with a 1710 AD Huge Deity Diplomatic game for 8697 points.
WastinTime with a 1870 BC Duel Deity Religious game for 36747 points.
WastinTime with a 1710 BC Small Deity Religious game for 35387 points.
WastinTime with a 1550 AD Small Deity Cultural game for 40217 points.
WastinTime with a 1880 AD Standard Deity Space Colony game for 45625 points.
WastinTime with a 1880 BC Tiny Deity Religious game for 38382 points.

jesusin with a 610 BC Small Immortal Conquest game for 118161 points.
shyuhe with a 1861 AD Standard Immortal Space Colony game for 47404 points.

cabert with a 1932 AD Duel Emperor Diplomatic game for 22247 points.
Mad Professor with a 2050 AD Standard Emperor Time game for 15781 points.

AndreyForever with a 2050 AD Tiny Monarch Time game for 8244 points.
Bindamel with a Jan 1951 AD Standard Monarch Space Colony game for 20568 points.
cabert with a 1870 AD Tiny Monarch Cultural game for 21121 points.
cabert with a 1604 AD Standard Monarch Cultural game for 25432 points.
Gre_Magus with a 1808 AD Standard Monarch Cultural game for 25312 points.
lichking with a 1922 AD Large Monarch Space Colony game for 34885 points.

bart_civ with a 1268 AD Large Prince Conquest game for 35554 points.
bestje with a 1976 AD Standard Prince Space Colony game for 7233 points.
bestje with a Jul 1955 AD Standard Prince Space Colony game for 18685 points.
crazykid989 with a 2016 AD Large Prince Space Colony game for 8673 points.
Dracandross with a 1811 AD Small Prince Cultural game for 21375 points.
Dracandross with a 1958 AD Huge Prince Space Colony game for 11977 points.
Gussicurtis with a 125 BC Small Prince Conquest game for 103253 points.
kovacsflo with a 160 AD Huge Prince Domination game for 288365 points.
pholtz with a 1742 AD Small Prince Religious game for 43484 points.

azzaman333 with a 1969 AD Small Noble Space Colony game for 11598 points.
cabert with a 1550 AD Standard Noble Religious game for 53029 points.
crazykid989 with a 2022 AD Standard Noble Space Colony game for 8042 points.
Drool with a 2041 AD Duel Noble Space Colony game for 4057 points.
jesusin with a 1790 AD Standard Noble Space Race game for 26830 points.

BLubmuz with a 605 AD Standard Warlord Religious game for 77258 points.
Drool with a 1917 AD Tiny Warlord Space Colony game for 23434 points.
Drool with a 1992 AD Duel Warlord Space Colony game for 11522 points.
pholtz with a 300 BC Duel Warlord Religious game for 10093 points.

DaddyMac with a 1140 BC Tiny Chieftain Religious game for 24536 points.
Dracandross with a 270 BC Huge Chieftain Religious game for 25215 points.
Drool with a 200 BC Duel Chieftain Religious game for 23573 points.
Drool with a 2012 AD Tiny Chieftain Space Colony game for 5543 points.
Drool with a 525 BC Tiny Chieftain Religious game for 18830 points.
Drool with a Jul 2043 AD Tiny Chieftain Space Colony game for 1902 points.
Mr Boombastic with a 2050 AD Small Chieftain Time game for 5581 points.

ChrisFromLux with a 3725 BC Duel Settler Conquest game for 4777 points.
DaddyMac with a 760 BC Tiny Settler Religious game for 18573 points.
DaddyMac with a 1610 BC Tiny Settler Religious game for 16814 points.
Drool with a 750 BC Tiny Settler Religious game for 12763 points.
Drool with a 50 AD Tiny Settler Religious game for 11680 points.
Drool with a 250 BC Duel Settler Religious game for 16071 points.
Grey Cardinal with a 1190 BC Duel Settler Diplomatic game for 25593 points.
pholtz with a 1570 AD Duel Settler Space Colony game for 34579 points.
shyuhe with a 1875 BC Standard Settler Domination game for 39885 points.
WilliamOfOrange with a 1834 AD Standard Settler Space Colony game for 33090 points.

Damn all you people who played noble space colony games this month! I thought I had a chance at a short lived number one position this month, but not with the rest of you all having the same idea...........

Yay,

I'm back on the Qattromasters main page, although I am two events short. Hoping to get MapQuest done this round, LoN will take a while longer. I'm not worrying about Elite yet, until the rules get finalized and I am a full QM.

There should be some bug in the EQM status tables (or something i don't understand, in case explain me):
- Under EQM/deity i should have the game of the Major 21, but i can see only the RoA slot and wih a lower score than i can see in the game table, all the remainings are empty (india, lakes, gauntlet, speed).
- Under EQM/Warlord i see a score of 100 on the game of the major 20, and i'm pretty sure this it's too high, and i can also see some 100 for non-so-brilliant games i submitted to fill the slots.

Thanks in advance.

edit
hmm i didn't noticed one of those games was #1 in his table, but there's a second one scoring 100, and still the gauntlet.

There should be some bug in the EQM status tables (or something i don't understand, in case explain me):
- Under EQM/deity i should have the game of the Major 21, but i can see only the RoA slot and wih a lower score than i can see in the game table, all the remainings are empty (india, lakes, gauntlet, speed).
- Under EQM/Warlord i see a score of 100 on the game of the major 20, and i'm pretty sure this it's too high, and i can also see some 100 for non-so-brilliant games i submitted to fill the slots.

Thanks in advance.

edit
hmm i didn't noticed one of those games was #1 in his table, but there's a second one scoring 100, and still the gauntlet.
The gauntlets are filtered by the same criteria as the rest of the EQM. (i.e. ancient only, no duel and no Inca.) There were whole gauntlets that didn't meet the criteria. There were also some where the setting allow some choices that might would have had individual games filtered out. Those I may have messed up the Qscore calculation for EQM gauntlets somehow. I will have to take a look.

For non-gauntlets, all I did was remove the adjustors. Those should match the "Raw Score" on the game info page. If there are other games that you are seeing that are not right, could you be more specific. It is difficult to find what you are seeing without specifics.

The gauntlets are filtered by the same criteria as the rest of the EQM. (i.e. ancient only, no duel and no Inca.) There were whole gauntlets that didn't meet the criteria. There were also some where the setting allow some choices that might would have had individual games filtered out. Those I may have messed up the Qscore calculation for EQM gauntlets somehow. I will have to take a look.

For non-gauntlets, all I did was remove the adjustors. Those should match the "Raw Score" on the game info page. If there are other games that you are seeing that are not right, could you be more specific. It is difficult to find what you are seeing without specifics.
Thanks Denniz, i'll try to be more specific, even if it's not so easy.
I completely missed the "ancient era only" despite it's clearly on top of the EQM tables (remembered only the duel/inca thing).
So a RoA game only counts for the RoA table? I don't think it's fair: i agree on a limit of non-ancient starts (can be 2 for any non-A start), but using a game only to fill ONE slot seems too much to me.
Especially when we have a lot of HoF tables filled with HC wins and future SR wins.

So a RoA game only counts for the RoA table?

Did the game count for the gauntlet table? or just RoA? It shouldn't count for gauntlet I think.

(Similar to you, it's my opinion that it should count for LoN and possibly Map)

Did the game count for the gauntlet table? or just RoA? It shouldn't count for gauntlet I think.

(Similar to you, it's my opinion that it should count for LoN and possibly Map)
Thanks for your opinion, WT.
No, i don't think the game counts for the gauntlet, i not moved my G. score, nor i got a gauntlet filled under EQM/Deity.
As i already said, it's not fair.
If a G.-game doesn't not count for the gauntlet, what G.-game is?

To be more coherent, we should only have G. starting in Ancient age.

Better, we can change this rule, i find it a bit integralist, if not worse...

Are gauntlets for increase participation?
If YES, then try to find rules to encourage people to participate.

Wow, with all the restrictions on the EQM table, I have two games with scores of 100! Woohoo! In normal QM, those two games are rated something like 49 and 30.

Thanks for your opinion, WT.
No, i don't think the game counts for the gauntlet, i not moved my G. score, nor i got a gauntlet filled under EQM/Deity.
As i already said, it's not fair.
If a G.-game doesn't not count for the gauntlet, what G.-game is?

To be more coherent, we should only have G. starting in Ancient age.

Better, we can change this rule, i find it a bit integralist, if not worse...

Are gauntlets for increase participation?
If YES, then try to find rules to encourage people to participate.

I think a rare non-ancient gauntlet or even a cheesy Future space gauntlet once and a while, just for fun (and to fil RoA,) is fine. If it's cheesy or breaks any EQM rules, it should not count for gauntlet EQM...and that's how they have it working it seems. Gauntlets don't have to play by EQM restrictions. It's just nice if they do most of the time.

Do you really think you deserve Deity Major Gauntlet status for completing that cheesy Major in 50 turns?

I think a rare non-ancient gauntlet or even a cheesy Future space gauntlet once and a while, just for fun (and to fil RoA,) is fine. If it's cheesy or breaks any EQM rules, it should not count for gauntlet EQM...and that's how they have it working it seems. Gauntlets don't have to play by EQM restrictions. It's just nice if they do most of the time.

Do you really think you deserve Deity Major Gauntlet status for completing that cheesy Major in 50 turns?
Maybe cheesy, not for me, anyway.
And the fact that only 13 players submitted confirm this opinion (no matter i was the 13th, at least i submitted a win).
Anyway, since those rules are continously changing, it would be better if they was specified in the gauntlet: something like "this gauntlet is cheesy, so it doesn't count for your EQM tables"

Maybe cheesy, not for me, anyway.
And the fact that only 13 players submitted confirm this opinion (no matter i was the 13th, at least i submitted a win).
Anyway, since those rules are continously changing, it would be better if they was specified in the gauntlet: something like "this gauntlet is cheesy, so it doesn't count for your EQM tables"

Remember it was a Warlords-only gauntlet. 13 is a lot. I suppose you could play vanilla if you weren't serious about competing, but BTS was out.

@ Denniz
Here are some strange scores in my EQM/warlord table:
AP: 100(10872) (ok, #1 in his table), but a second one also 100 (10894)
Gauntlet: 100 (10716) strange, it's 6th, and the same game scores 81.4 in civ and map slots
#6701 100 ?

can you explain, please?
I suppose is something you've changed recently, but not so clear.
What about a revision of the rules or formulae pages?

@ Denniz
Here are some strange scores in my EQM/warlord table:
AP: 100(10872) (ok, #1 in his table), but a second one also 100 (10894)
Gauntlet: 100 (10716) strange, it's 6th, and the same game scores 81.4 in civ and map slots
#6701 100 ?

can you explain, please?
I suppose is something you've changed recently, but not so clear.
What about a revision of the rules or formulae pages?
10872 & 10894 are the only entries on that table. I am not sure why it give the second one a 100 but it isn't something from the recent changes to the EQM.

10715 - where are you seeing a 100 score? I don't see it. Same with 6701.

@Denniz - BLubmuz is correct there's something wrong. My entry 10420 is showing as 100 in the Gauntlet table but 65.9 in the Time (M'vli) table. The Time table is right. It was the highest Vanilla submission in the Gauntlet though - is the expansions filter causing it to get 100 because of this?

Oh, no!

After all the effort, they have stopped announcing new Vanilla QMs!:cry:
Even if someone enters the table among the 13 best! ;)

Do you really think quick culture games "deserve" to fill any EQM slot?
Or APs? Or PAs?

I just looked up the one accepted deity gauntlet.
It was completed by more players, by most in a similar or even less time than major21, and -of course- VC was quick culture. Each one of our so-called "cheesy 50 turns" took thrice or more time than any of your 150 turn culture gauntlet. (But probably more thoughts, imho...)

As it is now, most or all EQM slots can be filled with shorter and easier games than GM21. As a matter of fact, I completed the whole Deity RoA in a time roughly the same as one or two GM21 runs. This could be done with many other slots as well, it just would be more boring.

To answer your question: This major should not only count as EQM gauntlet, but for all events/appropriate slots. I see no reason to ban non-ancient starts at all, especially as long as APs, PAs, quick culture games, tiny maps, continent maps with all civs on one continent are allowed - just to name a few. The cheese list can and will go on forever; I for instance wonder if diplo and culture should count at all outside the special all-vcs-event...

Top Bottom