Honor Policy suggestion

One more thing: the biggest problem for conquerors (and Venice!) are the -75% science penalties on puppets. I don't think this was intended, my guess is that it is the combination of vanilla and GEM penalties both being applied.

Can this be addressed? I'd say -50% penalty would be enough.

GEM had puppets produce zero science, so the 75% penalty is toned down from GEM. I find puppets to be fine since you wouldn't puppet a large city, only a small city.

The problem I run into is long resistance times. I wish this could be reduced. It's ridiculous that a city is in resistance for 20 or 30 turns and completely useless. This is a huge hindrance to conquerors.

Also, what seems like a bug is that occupied cities function like normal cities except for +1 unhappiness. Courthouses should do more than this, especially since they have 4 maintenance. It's really flawed. Occupied cities should act like puppet cities until you have a courthouse. Occupied cities should also have 2 or 3 more unhappiness than a puppet city or normal city.

An occupied city should be a very temporary state until you can get that courthouse built.

GEM had puppets produce zero science
Not quite, it had them produce zero science per pop, right?

So for an X pop city, in GEM they would give 0 science with no buildings, they'd give X/2 with a library, 2X/3 with a university, etc. and any other science boosts would apply normally.

But now they give 1 science per pop, but with a -75% modifier. So a pop X city gives X/4 with no buildings, but gives 3X/8 with a library, etc.

So they're not quite the same.

And in GEM there was no per-city science penalty, and in GEM puppets had less unhappiness per pop.

Also, what seems like a bug is that occupied cities function like normal cities except for +1 unhappiness
I think this might be a GEM bug that has been carried over. I think they're supposed to give an extra ~0.25 unhappiness per pop, and production penalties?

Anyway, definitely these issues need to be cleared up.

I also hate bigger cities taking so long to end resistance before they can be productive. Maybe hooking up occupied cities to your trade network ie roads, or harbor will lower the amount of turns in resistance, also repairing tiles around the city will lower turns in resistance and sending a trade route to captured cities can lower resistance. Actively supporting captured cities helps bring them in line quicker.

Random idea- Heroic Epic is now in the Honor tree either a opener or b just after the opener. You no longer are required to build barracks in every city (just in 1 city).

If shorter resistance time is such a requested effect, wouldn't it make a perfect strong honor policy?

I suggested this a couple years ago for an Autocracy policy, but at the time it wasn't possible to code. I have no idea if that's changed now. In any case, I agree it would make for an excellent effect.

Top Bottom