HOSTING PBEM NOW (Oct. 30)

Richard III

Duke of Gloucester
Ok, I've got it, it's tested, and I'm not waiting any longer. While I will try the hated Gamespy in a minute, I have a free day tomorrow (largely) and I have a free night tonight, so, if four players want to take a crack at PBEM this evening at a regent or monarch level game (I'm willing to go down, but not up from that), place your ballots below and we'll get started.

Once we have the four, we can PM e-mails and move from there (I'd post the e-mail now, but apparently spam bots are searching sites for addresses these days).

Since we're pioneers and all, I suspect we can pretty much pick whatever civ we want... my prefs are for the Celts, Aztecs or English; standard or regicide; whichever of the two wins the most votes gets it.

R.III

Richard I would love to play a game PBEM, but unfortunatley I have to make a presentation on modern art and how it ties into existentialism that is due tomorrow. (maybe Ishould start it now, nah.) Maybe some other time.

Richard III I am in and I know Joespaniel wants in on PBEm (he wanted this weekend... but dammit,... lets start)

I am DEFFINATELY up for one. But...

Have to work a double-shift tomorow. :cry:

How about this: I am free starting early Friday afternoon all the way til Monday. Care to start a second one then?

I'm in, I will definetely (barring GameStop not having it) get PTW tomorrow. I'm up for a PBEM, but we should try to all be online together, to make it go MUCH faster. I'll PM my email to all of you now, and I hope to hear from you.

BTW, I call Celts, Carthaginians, or Vikings, whichever.

CG

Yes: this should now become the rapid fire PBEM for the weekend thread (right?).

Has anybody tried PBEM to figure out how it works? I guess having email would help? I am going to PM Richard III and JoeSpaniel to get that going, and anyone else who wants in should Email one of us three...

or we just split Saddam's treasure between us...

Originally posted by cgannon64
I'm in, I will definetely (barring GameStop not having it) get PTW tomorrow. I'm up for a PBEM, but we should try to all be online together, to make it go MUCH faster. I'll PM my email to all of you now, and I hope to hear from you.

BTW, I call Celts, Carthaginians, or Vikings, whichever.

CG

I don't call hours of crashing over and over "making it much faster".

I have cgannon's email now, and am passing that along with mine to RIII and joespaniel.

Here is what we need to establish: who will host/admin/gofirst? that person needs to know what civs we want to be.

Since we go PBEM I suggest doing up a long range game?

I passed mine and cgannon's along to RIII. Not ready to give it out to the masses but I will PM you joe.

What is an IM?

Sultan, they mean internet messenger (as in Netscape AOL messenger or Windows Messenger, both of which are free)

Well, good, we have four. Tell ya'll what. I will start one game with Sultan tonight, and then we'll try to get through as many turns as possible of a second fuller game over the weekend?

Praying PBEM is saner than the alternatives...

R.III

Originally posted by Sultan Bhargash
I passed mine and cgannon's along to RIII. Not ready to give it out to the masses but I will PM you joe.

:lol: Well, its in your profile SB. ;)

Originally posted by Sultan Bhargash
What is an IM?

Instant Messenger. You can chat back and forth in near real time, unlike these boards, which are delayed.

Nice! I currently don't have an instant messager (I really hate that sort of thing, please don't make me load one). But I am off to look for the email, Richard!

@ R III

I sent you a PM with my E-mail, I just need yours and then I have everyone.

I will start a thread in this forum, for our summaries and general spam. ;)
What shall we name it? :hmm:

btw - I am REALLY looking forward to this.

I used to play chess over the Internet years ago, some games lasted almost a month!

Hopefully, it wont go that long...;)

Glad to be a part
-joespaniel

Anyone know about how long the regicide scenario takes for a turnless game? How long have some of the capture the princess / city games tended to take?

Originally posted by sylvr
Anyone know about how long the regicide scenario takes for a turnless game? How long have some of the capture the princess / city games tended to take?

sylvr - Firstly, welcome to CFC. :)

We all got the game today, so we'll let you know when we find out. ;)

Regicide is good if you want a fast game. Take out the King and its over.

Top Bottom