How about a Deity SG for a newbie or 2?

voodoocat

Finally ok with Arizona
I just finished in an emporer SG where we crushed the competition. I have been winning on emporer for the last 5 games I've played. I've tried a couple of Deity games but lost interest when I fell completely behind. I've gotten better at diplomacy reading through Sirians Great Library site. I am playing a Deity game solo and plan on playing till the end no matter what.

I'd like if a couple of people who want to compete on deity join as well as a couple of veterans. I'm thinking 4 or 5 people with one of the new civs in PTW. I suggest 20 turns to start and 10 turns after that.

Here's the game

Civilization: Ottomans
Difficulty: Deity
Map Size: Standard
Landmass: Pangea
Water: 70%
Climate/Temp/Age: Wet/Normal/4 Billion
Barbarians: Sedentary
Rival Civs: 6

Roster:

voodoocat
*open
speaker
q33555
skyfish

anarres may join after a month...

First turn: 20 turns
All other turns will be no longer than 10.

During the holidays we should have a pretty relaxed schedule, but after that 24 hrs to respond, 48hrs to play.

Would love to join but no PTW yet !

Am about same level as you and looked forward to the mix veterans/noobs.
:(

Good luck with the game.

Well perhaps if we don't get enough interested in a PTW SG we can get something going with vanilla. What civ/settings would you want to see?

Voodoocat, had to chuckle at the line under your name. You're living in AZ wanting to get back to Denver - I on the other hand am living in the Denver metro area and have aspirations to get back to Phoenix (totally homesick here).

I would do this Deity game, but I will be heading back to England for 18 days to say hi to the parents...

How can you want to move from Denver? Even after living in the desert first.... oh well, different strokes for different folks. Is your family here in Arizona (besides your parents in GB)? I miss the culture and weather of Denver... About the game, it doesn't look like things are getting off the ground right now, so you'll probably get back before this game gets going.

I would like to play. I realize that I may seem like a newbie because I am new to posting on this site, but I've been playing the game since the day it came out and I played Civ2 and the original Civ religiously, and I have been lurking on these boards for close to 6 months, and before that used the "other" site since the game came out. I can beat Emperor easily, but have not had great success on Deity yet. Wow, long-winded response to a simple post , but anyways, I'd like to play.

Great! I just finished another Emporer game. Got domination in 1490AD... quickest ever win for me. a good thousand points above my previous score. I think its time to see what Deity will do to me... I did finally finish a deity game, but it smacked me in 1320AD or something...

This sounds just like something I've been after - a challenging game, but with people who are also fairly new to this level!

I'm completely new to SGs, although I've lurked for a good six months or so and have learnt most of my civ strategy from reading games like the RBE's etc. I've won 3 or 4 solo emperor games, I've played on diety twice and survived but haven't once looked liked winning (although in one I did control the UN but with only 2 civs left at that point couldn't get a diplomatic win :( )

My only problem is that I'm away from home until 29th. I have bought civ with me and installed it on my parents' computer :D so could take part if necessary, but would prefer to wait until I get home (my parents' computer is about 2 years old - I couldn't believe how slow civ ran on it!)

I have PTW, but only original version as us lot in Europe don't appear worthy of a patch that works :mad:

Alright, well I'd like to start before the 29th. q33555, I imagine playing on a slow computer will be rough, but 10 turns shouldn't be too tough. We do need to figure out what version we are going to use though. I don't think if I sent you a 1.14 sav that it would work. Have you tried installing the patch? I'm don't know whats going on with the Europe version.

Good work fella :goodjob:

Has this been notified anywhere? I keep checking the news here and at Civ3.com, but haven't seen any official notice of a UK patch.

Anyway, just having had a look at it I'd definitely better wait until I'm at home - I'm not going to download a 10Meg file on my parents' dial up connection! Need to wait until I get home and my ADSL connection.

If you want to start sooner, put me towards the end of the roster, should be able to play Sat/Sun.

EDIT: Oops - For once I came straight to the forum pages without visiting the front page - just seen all the news items about the Euro patches.

I just realized I created that game with 1.04 patch. I've installed the latest patch, but I need to either start a new game or save the 4000BC game in 1.14

would be nice if we could get one more player who has beaten deity to go between speaker and q33555

I'm back :)

Have downloaded 1.14 UK version so am ready to go. I agree that it would be good to have someone who has beaten Deity on the roster, otherwise we're probably heading for a bit of a spanking!

On the start position, I have no strong feelings if you create a new start or convert the original one to 1.14.

You'll probably want to regenerate a game with 1.14. If you have a game generated with 1.04 all the rules from 1.04 will apply. For example, a 1.04-generated game will not let Berzerkers upgrade from archers, even if played with v1.14.

Either way, good luck to you guys!
(The thread title struck me as an oxymoron :lol: )

Charis

Heh, it is kind of an oxymoron :) Using "How about a deity SG for a couple of newbies to deity because we get crushed every time but we can beat emporer fairly easily" as a title sounded a bit long...

I generated a new game using 1.14 patch. I'll take my opening moves tonight probably and post. I think the starting location looks where I'll settle Istanbul because getting to an ocean as at least 2 moves away.

Hey guys !

I intend to get PTW this week so I still hope I can join (with one of the late turns) !
Could you count me in provisionally please ?

Thx !

I'm gonna drop out if that's ok.

Apart from maybe ruining this game for you (as I excessively micromanage and trade, and fight alot of 'close' wars), I have also just looked at my schedule and I'm pretty busy in the next month or so. :(

If you really need another person, please pm or email me at the time, and I may be able to find time. :)

Top Bottom