How am I getting 8 uranium per turn?

its the To Arms! dedication. good thinking tho ^_^
"To Arms" dedication has nothing to the effect in the description, so I doubt it.
One +1 of those mystery +2 comes from Victor with Defence Logistics established in Pasargadae, if you move him, uranium drops to +7 next turn, but where the heck is another +1 coming from?:think: Too tired to keep looking now :)

Just a random thought from following the discussion from the side line, but is it possible to see what dedication Persia has? Is it possible that they have the dedication that yields +1 on the mine and the game fails to update the number once the city is captured? A bit like the old glitch where you didn’t get the extra policy card slot when capturing wonders.

Last edited:
What do you mean. It literally says "To Arms!" in the screenshot.

That's the GS ability. Vanilla's was different.
I should really stop posting in the middle of the night, while half-asleep :) Somehow missed the bigger part of this thread including detailed investigation by @fy00sh, sorry.

But I'm still confused: yes, I see that golden To Arms dedication is in effect, but according to the description it only speeds up unit production and helps with CB, there's nothing about adding +1 to uranium mines, Automaton Warfare does that under GS ruleset, doesn't it?

I should really stop posting in the middle of the night, while half-asleep :) Somehow missed the bigger part of this thread including detailed investigation by @fy00sh, sorry.

But I'm still confused: yes, I see that golden To Arms dedication is in effect, but according to the description it only speeds up unit production and helps with CB, there's nothing about adding +1 to uranium mines, Automaton Warfare does that under GS ruleset, doesn't it?
I'm confused by your confusion :lol:. I think you might be misreading the post?

fy00sh said "It's the To Arms!" dedication that's being used, not that the "To Arms!" dedication is the cause of the missing uranium.

I'm confused by your confusion :lol:.
I was confused into believing that one mystery uranium was being explained by the To Arms, but apparently this is not the case and we still have 1 unexplained uranium coming from the circus? :)

I was confused into believing that one mystery uranium was being explained by the To Arms, but apparently this is not the case and we still have 1 unexplained uranium coming from the circus? :)
In your defense, there has been quite a few confusing posts in this thread, as I see it at least.

Yes, I think the last (8th) Uranium, or 4th from the Theatre district if you want, is still unaccounted for.

Also, doesn't the dedication that affects Uranium give 3 Uranium? If that is correct, I guess that couldn't be the cause either way.

In your defense, there has been quite a few confusing posts in this thread, as I see it at least.

Yes, I think the last (8th) Uranium, or 4th from the Theatre district if you want, is still unaccounted for.

Also, doesn't the dedication that affects Uranium give 3 Uranium? If that is correct, I guess that couldn't be the cause either way.

The dedication that grants 3 uranium per turn also grants a giant death robot, but such is not available until the Information Era. The game is currently in the Atomic Era. Anyway I definitely would have noticed if Persia got itself a GDR!

This ongoing game straddles the Steam update that loaded the new Chinese leaders. My money is on this extra uranium being a glitch in the matrix.

I see that Kristina is in your game. Sweden unlocks three unique competition, one being Nobel Prize Competition that increases the accumulation of resources by +1 in the city with Research Lab (Silver), or +2 in the city with University and Research Lab (Gold). Pasargadae has a full Campus: did you get the Silver ranking at a Nobel Prize Competition?

I see that Kristina is in your game. Sweden unlocks three unique competition, one being Nobel Prize Competition that increases the accumulation of resources by +1 in the city with Research Lab (Silver), or +2 in the city with University and Research Lab (Gold). Pasargadae has a full Campus: did you get the Silver ranking at a Nobel Prize Competition?
ohhhhh thatd make sense. does anyone know of a way to check if thats whats up? ill try later gifting away the city, declaring war, pillaging the campus then recapturing and see if that results in one less uranium, unless of course theres an easier check

ohhhhh thatd make sense. does anyone know of a way to check if thats whats up? ill try later gifting away the city, declaring war, pillaging the campus then recapturing and see if that results in one less uranium, unless of course theres an easier check
If there's an ongoing bonus it should be available in the world congress tab.

this is what im seeing on the world congress page... nothing about the nobel prize in physics, all i see is an ongoing nobel peace prize. will still try pillaging the campus
Spoiler :
20230122125309_1.jpg
20230122125315_1.jpg

that was it!!!!! 🥳🥳🥳 pillaged the campus before recapturing so that the research lab was broken (i also pillaged the university but apparently if you capture a city with a pillaged university as portugal it becomes an unpillaged navigation school... weird) and now with both a pillaged research lab and no victor, we're down to the expected +6 uranium per turn! :woohoo:
so, Cause of Extra Uranium: Silver Placing in Nobel Prize in Physics!
20230122125949_1.jpg

that was it!!!!! 🥳🥳🥳 pillaged the campus before recapturing so that the research lab was broken (i also pillaged the university but apparently if you capture a city with a pillaged university as portugal it becomes an unpillaged navigation school... weird) and now with both a pillaged research lab and no victor, we're down to the expected +6 uranium per turn! :woohoo:
so, Cause of Extra Uranium: Silver Placing in Nobel Prize in Physics!
View attachment 651678

Wow, this must be it. Seeing as I have an aluminum mine in Tokyo, I just bought Tokyo a research lab and now I'm getting one extra aluminum per turn. I did get the silver prize in a couple Nobel competitions, but I can't scrounge up any record of the particulars.* This is my first game with Sweden in it.

Thanks to everyone for working on resolving this enigma! :)

* This appears to be yet another one of those patented Civ 6 "you blink and you miss it" things, but thank god there's a gossip column that tells me Zulu built a broadcast center in Nodwengu in turn 313!

My game ended with a science win for Portugal, but (as I often do) I'm carrying on for a couple dozen turns to further develop the map. Just a couple turns ago the physics competition commenced. So, can there be more than one physics competition in a single game? I would guess so, since the literature indicates that the type of competition is chosen randomly.

Alexander has been a right prat the whole game. We've been cultural allies for at least two thousand years, but he's continually attacked my other allies, as well as repeatedly attacked my suzerainty Hunza. Literally on the very turn I got the science win he finally conquered Hunza. Well, just 5 more turns and our alliance expires, and I want to see how good Alex is with his bombers against the mighty Portuguese Empire.

Top Bottom