• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

How can Cassiel Make Luonnotars?

RevFather

Chieftain
Can anyone tell me how the Grigori can make Luonnotars?
The manual says they must be upgraded from a disciple unit of level 6 or higher. But the Grigori can't make disciples. Is this a catch-22?

The Luonnotars are a replacement of the Druid unit for the Grigori. Following the upgrade path for that unit will give you Luonnotars. I cant remember what exactly it is off the top of my head but I believe it to be the Recon path.

You can also upgrade captured disciple units. In my recent Grigori game I eventually had Archmages with Mind 3. I used their Domination spell to capture several enemy units, including a bunch of Vicars. I ended up upgrading the Vicars to Luonnotars. Archmages come late in the game, I know, but it's still one way to do this.

One thing I found unecessarily limiting was that Adventurers can't upgrade to Grigori Medics, so you can't get a heroic Luonnatar this way (as compared to heroic Archmages).

Adventurer's are my favorite thing in the game. :)

Rangers can upgrade to Luonnotar. If you want to make an Adventurer Luonnotar then follow the recon upgrade path, and be sure not to accidentally upgrade it to a Beastmaster before you research Strength of Will.

Ah, found out my problem: You gotta unload the hawk before it'll let you upgrade (duh) :)

Is this a new change? I remember upgrading Phalanxes to Luonnotars before

I'm pretty sure that Phalanxes could never upgrade to Luonnotar. However, Dragon slayers could until a few versions ago.

Ranger -> Lunnotar
Grigori Medic -> Lunnotar

That's about it. Ranger -> Lunnotar can be neat if you manage to build a Council of Esus Ranger so that he can begin his Lunnotar career as Hidden Nationality.

Plus he would keep his religion and be able to spread it even once he joins the sect that regards Esus and all the other gods as mere petulant children. That seems wrong somehow...

I really find its become just to difficult to get luonnotar anyway; by the time I can get them, I've upgraded my rangers, and I've never had a level six medic anyway...
The mechanic to get them should be reworked; I mean, before you could upgrade just about anything to luonnotar, so you could really customize how you wanted them to have as promotions.

on the same subject (or close to) :
altar of the luonnotar :

why is it much more difficult for Cassiel to go that way ? Why does the one civ of the luonnotars is the worst prepared for it ?
I mean :
-no use of the boni (few disciples units for the xp, few priests slots available because of no temples)
-no use for any techs necessary for the altar after philo.

grigori have already enough difficulty without disciples units nor divine magic, without temples cultural, health, happy bonus, religious happy bonus.

and last but not least, if they even go for that (almost) not-interesting tech path, for exemple in order to have immortals, they can build the altars ... but with so few priests slot, very few prophets arise, and they rely on the few expensive luonnotars... they must sacrifice lvl6+ units !!

well that's all my "complaints".
It's not really a complaint as I think that the grigori don't need the altar to win, but lore-wise, it seems strange that the only country accepting not to execute all luonnotar on sight is the least likely to build the altar !!

oh..
long time I played the grigori...
too bad.
but lore-wise it still seems strange :/

Top Bottom