How can I set a Single Player game with Constant War between all Players?

MosheLevi

Prince
I enjoy Civ 4 the most when I engage in wars with other AI players.
At the start the game is fun when I scout and expand as fast as I can.
At the same time I have to deal with barbarians so the game is very entertaining.

But then comes a period where it is just about improving my existing cities (and maybe adding couple more) and all players are still at piece with everyone else.
At that point the game is starting to be boring for me and I end up falling asleep, lol.

The dilemma I am facing is that if I start a war I would then have to make more army units and fall behind with science and other improvements because the other AI players (who are not at war with anyone) will progress faster than me.
I set the AI on “Aggressive” and it is still fairly peaceful.

The ideal game for me would be where all AI players are at war with someone else.

So my question is: how do a set a game where all AI players are at war with someone else shortly after the start?
Is it possible to set something like that via the game options?
If not, are there any scenarios out there (official or not official) that allow for constant war between all players?

You could choose the Always War option in the Custom Game menu, but that just means that everyone will be at war with you. :)

It would be nice if there was the option that everyone was at war with everyone else during the entire game. That would be interesting.

No, I am not looking forward to be at war with 7 AI opponents. :lol::eek:

I prefer to play a game where there are 2 or 4 groups of nations being at war with one another.

Can that be done?

Through standard options, no.

Maybe you'd be able to mod it or something but I don't know.

No, I am not looking forward to be at war with 7 AI opponents. :lol::eek:

I prefer to play a game where there are 2 or 4 groups of nations being at war with one another.

Can that be done?

Everything is possible if you know how to read / write / alter code. Drop a line in the Mod Forum, I'm sure one of those evil genius' has already figured it out.

Begin a game with the option "no change of war/peace status", then go into the WB and change the status of everyone to be at war with everyone

With the standard game, I believe this is the only way to achieve that.

Would make an entertaining wonder too. Call it Ragnarok.

All civs must be in a state of war and if any civ is not in a state of war then one will be randomly chosen to declare. War weariness reduced for all civs.

Basically the opposite of Tesla's Peace Ray.

Begin a game with the option "no change of war/peace status", then go into the WB and change the status of everyone to be at war with everyone

With the standard game, I believe this is the only way to achieve that.

I haven’t had a chance to play with the world builder yet.

Are you saying that I can open the WB within the game itself and make those changes?

Yes but the AI could always make peace

Edit: Nvm, which option is "no change of war/peace status" i haven't seen on.

Top Bottom