How can you tell who has built which wonder?

I'm asking bc I beelined for a wonder and for some reason, I don't see it as a buildable option. I also did not see the whole pyramid icon thing, indicating that someone else has built it.

I too noticed that since GS not all wonders are reported, there seems to be a max of three that can be listed or something. It's bloody annoying.

Unless you have very good memory or actually (want to!) keep track of every related Notifications.. there's currently no way to obtain such details.

BUT -- if we (Aristos & I) can finally manage to do the necessary remaining coding tasks for it.. our GScor_R_ow mod will list everything for each Civs in dedicated Tooltips (planning 7 types, one of which is for Wonders).

Check it out even if it is presently partially functional only..
(( https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1687314303 ))

But what's weird is that the pyramid icon thing says that the GREAT BATH, STONEHENGE, and HANGING GARDENS were done. I was trying to get COLOSSUS, but since that's a wonder that 99% of the time is completed AFTER the first three wonders, shouldn't there be a notification for it?

I also can't seem to build the GREAT LIGHTHOUSE, even though I have a harbor and free coast tile. Is there some sort of bug against these two water wonders in the new patch or something? I doubt they were made by another civ, and I would've definitely noticed the icon announcement.

I think it's bc the damn Maori are in the game, and they start off with Shipbuilding. Ugh. They're ruining my Indonesian dreams!

But what's weird is that the pyramid icon thing says that the GREAT BATH, STONEHENGE, and HANGING GARDENS were done. I was trying to get COLOSSUS, but since that's a wonder that 99% of the time is completed AFTER the first three wonders, shouldn't there be a notification for it?

I also can't seem to build the GREAT LIGHTHOUSE, even though I have a harbor and free coast tile. Is there some sort of bug against these two water wonders in the new patch or something? I doubt they were made by another civ, and I would've definitely noticed the icon announcement.
I may be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure that if you've researched the correct civic or tech, and the wonder hasn't been built, it will show up on the city build list, but it will be greyed out if you don't have a suitable place to build it. So, e.g., if you have the correct tech for the great lighthouse and it hasn't been built, it should be on the list but might be greyed out. If it's not on the list at all, someone built it already.

You are not supposed to get info about wonders all the time It requires level 2 (open) of diplomatic visibility to get gossips about wonders.

I often get info about the Great Bath and Stonehedge before I even meet anyone.

Can anyone actually build the Great Bath? It goes at like t15 or something.

Every Wonders built by anyone (except ours!) are always declared via one Notification each.
Soooooo -- knowing that (even if the Civ isn't identified yet & remains tagged as Unknown until met), a persistent formal tracker would be quite easy to do.

There are a number of other various ways to be aware which Civs has built anything (directly on the "unfogged" map).. external mods.. new minimap search tool.. etc.
To me this principle isn't about if such details should be considered "Cheating" but rather a simple HUD context factor combined with our limited capacity to use it or not -- by choice. Otherwise, things like the "World Rankings" panel --are-- official ingame feedback devices that indirectly cheat the system too.

What you may think of Firaxis conscious design dictates how **WE** react to lack of infos on whichever. Thus -- Wonders tracking is just the tip of the huge Iceberg inherent to our relatively complex gameplay, AFAIC.

I too noticed that since GS not all wonders are reported, there seems to be a max of three that can be listed or something. It's bloody annoying.

Civ2 had a simple list your advisors could pull up of all Wonders currently in existence, and what city they were in (even if that city hadn't been discovered by you), and which civilization owned the city (even if you hadn't met them), and, if the city they had been built in was razed, it said they were "lost." But, with more game depth, a lot of simple (and arguably unrealistic) convenience is lost in game UI.

One would think that a World under would be remarked upon and the stories about it spread by any casual traveler who saw or heard about it. To me, that makes a case for better 'announcements' about Wonders, at least once they were completed.
Of course, if Firaxis wants to keep some 'mystery' about Wonders, the anouncement/gossip could always be off to some degree or another, like announcing that the Egyptians were building huge stone structures to store grain, for instance, or that someone has built a magnificent new Religious Monument without specifying whether it is Stonehenge, Colossus, Oracle or Artemis.

I'm pretty sure that you always get the wonder complete announcement.

And are you implying that the pyramids are for storing grain??

- And are you implying that the pyramids are for storing grain??

Having actually visited them and having a slightly more than nodding acquaintance with ancient history and archeology, I would never do that - I'm merely quoting a current US Cabinet Member :rolleyes:

Having actually visited them and having a slightly more than nodding acquaintance with ancient history and archeology, I would never do that - I'm merely quoting a current US Cabinet Member :rolleyes:

I had to look that one up. Few things scare me more than people who take the various holy books literally.

Top Bottom