How can you tell who has built which wonder?

Having actually visited them and having a slightly more than nodding acquaintance with ancient history and archeology, I would never do that - I'm merely quoting a current US Cabinet Member :rolleyes:

Oh, good. Yeah, that guy is nuts!

seriously this lol. The great bath and stonehedge are gone in an instant.

Stonehenge used to be the First Wonder Built, now iff you want to have any chance at Great Bath, your first Tech has to be Pottery and you have to give up any other building once you get Pottery until Bath is finished. It appears to have an average 15 - 25 turns completion date, and if I see that I cannot finish it before Turn 20 or so, I don't bother even if my first city is in the middle of the biggest expanse of Flood Plains since Noah. . .

My experience (throughout multiple versions of Civ VI) is that you are more likely to get notifications of a World Wonder being built if you have the technology to build it yourself. Several times I have NOT gotten notifications of built wonders and every single time I can remember, it happened that I did not have the tech or civic to build it yet.

It clearly doesn't work that way. For example, you'll definitely see notifications for Stonehenge and Great Bath when you don't have the technologies for them.

I suspect that most "missed" notifications are simply missed by the user, not the game.

It clearly doesn't work that way. For example, you'll definitely see notifications for Stonehenge and Great Bath when you don't have the technologies for them.

I suspect that most "missed" notifications are simply missed by the user, not the game.

Agreed. Because they are first, I always see notifications of Great Bath, Stonehenge, and frequently Hanging Gardens (seems to be the third "most popular" Wonder) and Artemis. Almost never see any notification of later Wonders, because the notifications seem to 'cut off' at Three. My ability to build the wonders doesn't seem to have any effect - I frequently delay researching Pottery if I have no place for Great Bath, but I still get notified when someone else rushes it.

I've never noticed any "cut off at three" effect. I'm not convinced that there is such a thing.

I've never noticed any "cut off at three" effect. I'm not convinced that there is such a thing.
I have. If I do not look at the wonder notifications, three will sit there for me and I will not see any past them if I look.
If you keep clearing them you should see new ones but I never really looked into this area too much, I first noticed it when I could not build the pyramids also.

I have. If I do not look at the wonder notifications, three will sit there for me and I will not see any past them if I look.
If you keep clearing them you should see new ones but I never really looked into this area too much, I first noticed it when I could not build the pyramids also.

Notifications don't seem to persist through the next turn like they used to, though. I used to rely on the tribal village notification remaining until the next turn so that I wouldn't forget to grab it, but that doesn't work anymore. Do the wonder notifications persist? I always clear them, now.

And how often does the AI build more than three wonders in a single turn? Probably not too often. Still, I can't imagine the reason for such a limitation. Other notifications appear unlimited (e.g. declarations of war, peace).

Yes, I've seen the notification for Pyramids. I was trying to build it. :(

Top Bottom