How come I can't use the downloads.

Kainnine

Chieftain
How come I can't play any of the scenarios offered in the forums. I have Mac OS 10.2.4 Is it a problem with my version of civ 3 being a Mac version or is it just a problem with my computer.

Hi, welcome to CFC, and to the small but beautifully marked Mac forum. :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

It's probably for a couple of different reasons, both of which come down to the fact that you are running the Mac version.

Some of the mods are specifically for the Play The World (PTW) expansion pack that's only available for the PC. You can identify these ones by the abcd.bix file that comes as part of the package.

Others are available for the non-PTW version 1.29f, and could run on the latest 1.29b2 patch of the Mac software, but they come in abcd.exe installer packages that will only install on the PC. You would need to find a PC-owner who can run the installer for you, and then transfer the extra files it produces into your Mac folders manually.

I've not researched the mod forums so I can't advise on whether there are any mods that come as raw file sets you can just copy across to your Mac. Maybe someone else ... ?

Top Bottom