How did AI declare war so quickly?

D64

Chieftain
Upon being jumped by Charlemagne and one of his patented 60-man deathstacks, I hurriedly made peace with Isabella. The very next turn, she declared war on me again. It wasn't a Apostolic Palace vote; it wasn't her becoming a vassal. How did she circumvent the cease fire time?

If you specifically called for a cease-fire instead of negotiating a peace treaty you actually didn't get a ten turn peace treaty, so Isabella could (and evidently did) DoW the very next turn. It's used by players sometimes if they really need to move their armies - cease-fire into army teleporting into immediate re-DoW. If you signed a peace treaty with her I believe the only way she could declare you through that is an AP vote or becoming a vassal.

Most likely ceasefire and Charlie immediately bribing her back into the war the next turn (unlikely she'd otherwise instantly redeclare)

If you specifically called for a cease-fire instead of negotiating a peace treaty you actually didn't get a ten turn peace treaty, so Isabella could (and evidently did) DoW the very next turn. It's used by players sometimes if they really need to move their armies - cease-fire into army teleporting into immediate re-DoW. If you signed a peace treaty with her I believe the only way she could declare you through that is an AP vote or becoming a vassal.
I see. Man, all this time I thought that a cease-fire had an enforced duration!

I see. Man, all this time I thought that a cease-fire had an enforced duration!
cease-fires can be pretty useful at times as well

Top Bottom