1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I speed-up AI processing between turns?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Lenox, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Lenox

Lenox Chieftain

Hi. First-time poster.

I'm not talking about combat animations and whatnot. I'm talking about the loading of AI civs, city-states, and barbarians. It seems to take 2-3 minutes between turns after my game is a few hundred turns in. I am even currently playing on a Small map with 5 AI civs and 12 city-states and it still has considerable loading times between turns.

Is turning on quick combat and movement the only solution? Even though I'm not visibly seeing those things take long. I actually LIKE seeing the AI battles between turns. But sometimes there is just a NEXT TURN because nothing significant happens either for me or the AI, and I still have to wait a significant amount of time between turns.

2. beetle

beetle Chieftain

Welcome to the forums!

Turning on Quick Combat should shorten the processing time between turns. Quick Movement has no effect on turn processing. My computer is pretty old, and it is usually less than a minute between turns late game. Do you know your system specs?

3. Lenox

Lenox Chieftain

Windows 10 Home Version 1803 OS Build 17134.48
    Intel Core i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30 GHz 3.30 GHz
    16.0 GB RAM
    GeForce GTX 1080 Driver 388.13 10/29/2017
    1920 x 1200, 59Hz monitor

4. beetle

beetle Chieftain

5. Lenox

Lenox Chieftain