How do you get an "infinite" Golden Age?

Bromar1

King
I keep seeing that people can easily get indefinitely long Golden ages by the mid game but I don't think I've ever experienced that myself. If I go really hard on Golden ages (happiness religious beliefs, wonders, +golden age length, etc.) The best I've had is about ~ 35 turns of golden age in the late industrial/early modern era. How do people do it so early?

People love over-exaggerating.
In general this is mostly about getting a lot of Great Artists from different sources and dumping them all for golden ages.

I'm pretty sure they're talking about how around mid-late game you can start earning so many golden points per turn that you'll trigger another golden age before your last one runs out, extending the duration.

A single Golden Age can only last so long. But keep your Artists, your Grand Temple, etc., and with Tradition + Chichen Itza + Monopoly Modifier you can realistically stay in Golden Age for hundreds of turns -on Epic anyway- late game.

You've gotta time it right. With enough Artists and golden age modifiers, you can easily be golden all the way towards victory. There are lapses of course, but they're quickly shortened if you time it for the occasional free GA.
The best place to start is at the medieval era. You get the Grand Temple, Artists, and extra modifiers start cropping up around that time. Things really stack up if you look at the numbers.

Several Civs also have bonuses for Golden Ages. Its possible to get permanent Gold Age with Aztects due to kills and winning wars (if you try really hard, that is)

Several Civs also have bonuses for Golden Ages. Its possible to get permanent Gold Age with Aztects due to kills and winning wars (if you try really hard, that is)
Actually it's dead easy, because killing a city state gives you a golden age. Add in some length modifiers and you're able to easily maintain GA forever post-medieval.

I'm a Rome addict, and once you get 10-15 cities with Colosseums, wars just feed you absurd amounts of golden age points, Great Generals, and Great Admirals. Give that a shot if you like cheese.

Its the Great Artists that do it. A tradition based play focused on GP can generate quite a few of them

It borders on it being a bit silly imo, is it really a 'golden age' if you're permanently in one between medieval/renaissance and when you hit future tech?

It borders on it being a bit silly imo, is it really a 'golden age' if you're permanently in one between medieval/renaissance and when you hit future tech?

What would you rather call it? A golden epoch? Or would you rather just call the lapses 'recessions'?

OTOH, you can go Zulu and use all your great artists for great works and you'll rarely experience golden ages (but can rule the whole world). You don't need golden ages to win (though it helps).

Well of course you don't need it to win, it just seems like the ease at which a permanent GA can be achieved in CBP is a bit too high. In past civs the occasional golden ages throughout a game were distinctive periods where your civ powered on the thrusters and caught up / raced ahead (especially in 4 where you could switch civics for free during GAs), but in CBP it's just kind of the norm when you're playing a non-domination game.

Standard GA in rennisance with chichen itza + temple + 2 artists. At those 45+ turns u will get third artist, again extend it.
After that when GA will end, a new will start...
Piety can helps here or tradition, or religion enchance(or its a belief, dont remember) - to buy any types of GP with faith(then u don't need piety)

Well of course you don't need it to win, it just seems like the ease at which a permanent GA can be achieved in CBP is a bit too high. In past civs the occasional golden ages throughout a game were distinctive periods where your civ powered on the thrusters and caught up / raced ahead (especially in 4 where you could switch civics for free during GAs), but in CBP it's just kind of the norm when you're playing a non-domination game.

It's not the norm at all. You really need multiple GA length modifiers to make it happen, and that won't happen every game.

Top Bottom