How do you play by Email?

Mightyzug

Chieftain
My sister and I have been playing realtime over the internet a marathon game of Civ II.

However, the turns are starting to take a very loong time and we are getting bored just sitting there watching each other take turns. I understand there is a mod to take simultaneous turns, but what we really want is to continue our game as a play by email game, instead of as an internet game.

How do you play Civ II as a play by email game? We both have Civ II Gold the multiplayer edition.

Hello, oh Mighty Zug.

The way we "Play By Email" is that one player plays his turn, then uploads his game, so that the next player in line simply downloads the save, plays his turn, then uploads again for the next player to download and play and so on.

There is only one active PBEM scene left, that I know of, and new players are in much demand. If you're interested in checking it out it's over here:
http://www.civforum.de/forumdisplay.php?f=3

You can see how it's done over here.

Hope this helps!

Of course the "upload" step can be replaced by "send the save to your sister by email".

It has been a few years since I played this way. I am not quite sure if an online game can be switched in the middle to a PBEM. Probably so, as described above.

Top Bottom