1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you select "Scrambled Continents"?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by jblank, Oct 19, 2013.

1. jblank

jblank Chieftain

I just bought the scrambled continents pack, but when I load up a new game, I don't see anywhere to select them, nor do I see Africa listed, even though it is supposed to be in there, according to the store page on Steam.

I don't see Africa, East Asia, etc. What did I do wrong?

2. jblank

jblank Chieftain

Come on guys, please help me. I've bought these but can't find them anywhere when I set up a game. What do I do? Where are they?

3. Viregel

Viregel , The Rt. Hon.

I don't have it myself, but I think that the best way would be to go into Advanced Settings, and select it from the map type. There is a way to do it without the advanced settings, but it should still work.

4. Cicerosaurus

Cicerosaurus Emperor

I just bought this myself. I got the impression they weren't a discreet selection- they applied to whatever map you selected. Hopefully someone can set us straight.

5. Cicerosaurus

Cicerosaurus Emperor

Umm- I have already been there and it is not under map types.

6. Viregel

Viregel , The Rt. Hon.

Strange. I can't offer any other advice as I don't have it, but I'll see if I can find any reason.

7. Cicerosaurus

Cicerosaurus Emperor

Thanks. I just read a thread below and it seems to just scramble terrain on continents maps you select. You can't feel much love for it.

8. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

When you are in the main Setup screen, choose Select Map Type. Scroll down to the bottom (after "Additional Maps" and, if you have the Explorers Map Pack, "Explorers") to "Scrambled Maps."

Alternatively, if you go to the Advanced Setup screen and click the drop-down list of maps, the scrambled maps (Africa, Antarctica Thawed, etc.) are mixed into the map list in alphabetical order.

9. jblank

jblank Chieftain

I apologize for my stupidity, Browd, you are correct, I found them all. Bless you and have a great weekend sir.

10. Rusty Nail

Rusty Nail Warlord

I can't find it anywhere either. On my map drop-down, there is no such thing as "additional maps" ; the bottom one is "east vs. west". Nor do I have "Antartica", thawed or unthawed. Are we playing the same game?

11. jacer21

jacer21 Chieftain

I believe you are looking in the advanced settings. Just go to the main "setup game" screen (where you can see the historical map of the civ you chose) and select your map from there.