How does the gold plundered thing work?

Tesla Tank

Warlord
First of all, I posted this in my capitilization thread already, but I felt more people will see it if I post a new thread, so don't get mad at me.

When I capture an enemy city, it always says XXX amount of gold plundered from capturing YYY city. But when the enemy retook their city back, it said -30,000 gold plundered in this one game. This happened twice! How does the gold plundered system work? And why is the computered been punished by capturing one of my cities?:confused: BTW, this left the AI with 0 gold, so it kinda sucks.

Okay...

You know how you get XXX amount of money for capturing a city right? Well, I captured the AI's city and I got I think 160 gold. Then the AI captured it back and it said -30,000 gold plundered. So the AI got -30,000 for some reason which left it with 0 gold in its treasury.

Can someone please explain this?

This definitely sounds like a bug. What version of Civ2 are you using; and can you remember more specifics involving these captures?

(Heck, if you can figure out exactly when and why this bug hits, you may have discovered a novel strategy screwing over the AI :lol: !)

It also happened to me, but I think it was a little different.

I think it happens when the AI is very rich - I was playing OCC on deity and there were of course some very strong civs. So, the AI took one of my cities and I think it went over the 32 000 and something limit to minus.

Or, another thing that happened to me in the same game: I went over the limit to minus (when I took 15 000 from them) and after taking the city back, the AI left me "full" with about 30 000 and it took my minus.:D

I don't think it's a bug, no more than the tax 32 000 gold limit and the 255 FT and no. of cities limit. By the way, I use Civ2 Classic.

hold on Bachus, a OCC, you lost a city, and took it back??? how?! :confused:

OK, I'll tell you all the story. I played a little with customing the rules (before I knew it's gonna be a OCC) and I set Bloodlust on. So, with no spaceship victory, my chalenge was conquest.

However, I decided to stay as much as possible with only one city. I think I made it until 1900 something (maybe 1940?), but it was too much for a conquest until 2020, because playing large map you can imagine how big the other empires were, especially with 4 AIs left of which one was about to be conquered.

Anyway, with my 172 shield super-city I decided to go for a conquest. That's how the things I've told you about happened.

Anyway, as a final conclusion, the AI is too weak, which hopefully will be managed in Civ3. With my game (which I haven't finished) I reached 2158 and managed to balance things a little (a big civ down) and everything without reloading.

However, with a human opponent I would be down in 20 turns, because I don't think I have 1/4 of the cities or the units of the game

Only once I was in danger of being destroyed, for a turn of war with the most powerful civ, but I managed to take a city (by luck) and they made peace. I think this modern combat is what makes Civ2 such a great game to play:goodjob:

Nope. I especially checked to make sure it's right. It said -30,000 gold plundered. I checked through the foreign advisor. The AI is lefted with 0 gold. But I didn't gain any money.:confused: The money just magically disappeared.

This happened twice! I restarted the first time thinking it's an error. And fortifield the city. The comp didn't take it over and it's all good. Then the second time, I kept play it cause it's an advantage to me. Stupid computer.

BTW, both time I took over their city, then because there's only one unit in it, they took it back. So it may have something to do with that. Try to take over a city, then left it open for the AI to retake it, it might work!

Can someone explain this?

Thats only happened to me in scenarios. On the first turn if I take one of the AIs cities I get ALL of the AI's treasury.
I don't know why but I havn't seen it in regular play.

I took over an enemy city and it said -30,000 gold plundered. Now I have -400 gold???

WTF? Can somene please explain this?

Top Bottom