How hard would it be right now to mod the AI to be less aggressive?

Bringa

King
Given that we don't have mod tools yet, do you guys think it would be possible right now to make a quick and dirty mod that makes the AI less likely to declare war?

I have my reasons ;) I'm just asking for implementation help here, not really looking to discuss my goals. Anyone has an idea? I assume the actual numerical values for aggression and diplomatic modifiers are somewhere in the SQL? I don't know how to access that. I looked into the XMLs but they only describe the schemas, not the actual values (like Agendas.xml will tell you what the agendas are, which ones are mutually exclusive, what the names of their modifiers are etc, but there are no numerical values whatsoever).

[EDIT]: I think I found what I need: In DiplomaticActions.xml under <DiplomaticStateActions> I'll just assign really high positive scores to a bunch of easily accessible actions.

Last edited:
You can try DiplomaticActions.xml. There is for instance a line like:
<Row StateType="DIPLO_STATE_FRIENDLY" DiplomaticActionType="DIPLOACTION_DECLARE_SURPRISE_WAR"/>
Considering there are also some things like
<Row StateType="DIPLO_STATE_NEUTRAL" DiplomaticActionType="DIPLOACTION_DECLARE_FRIENDSHIP" Worth="-10" AiAllowed="false"/>
You could try adding AiAllowed="false"/> at the end of the line to see if the ai stops declaring war when it's friendly (or neutral or... whatever you like).
I haven't found much.

Top Bottom