How I Play Prehistoric....

@Enchanteur,

Happy to see you are learning and having a good time with our "little" Mod. ;):D

I reached Antiquity this morning, before AI, at same difficulty than first game (where I reached antiquity as last one). There is progress, but I am at "Prince" =normal difficulty. I will increase the flexible difficulty option.

My feeling about reaching Antiquity : there is a beautiful egyptian screen with pyramids, garden, foutains, and an very pretty woman with white and somptuous cloths.
After so long prehistoric time, I feel I reached just "civilisation" ! It's like it's the end of barbary ! Now I feel educated ! Damn ! It's like I where already on the moon !

Apart that, I get many trouble in my capitals, with too much criminality. there is really something I miss about game rules, capture criminals, etc. I don't know how to do it. I just put a big number of Enforcer on the City main tile that all for now.

I loosed some time also because I didnt read well the ability of the "tribu chief".. what is huge because he can build another village. I didnt remember since when the guy was in my building possibilitys.
So I finaly build him and get a second town 40 turns before antiquitys.

Hi, I finaly rolled far back, 15 techs before tribalism. As I discovered this tech is a masterpiece and I totally missed that.
So from here, I rushed the tech.
Now I'm still during prehistoric era, but with 5 citys. I'm rushing sedentary life because I would like to get it first and get the bonus tech.

As I ve some problems with money, in capital, I altern building (just after a tech), tribes, and gold produce.
Get many citys make Hunting many more valuable, as I can unlock many animals building in new citys.
I arrested my first criminal. Game just said a criminal was discovered (but I didnt see "wanted" word or i readed to quick). Then I sended an enforcer in auto patrol, and bingo, the guy killed a criminal turn after.
I get less problem in my main city than previous game : I never let disease become negative (and then the health don't go negative too).
More problematic with criminality, I have an huge army of enforcer on the city tile for making criminality remains negative.

Others funnys things :
I got (i didnt remember how) a special ability giving +2 action range to all my dogs. So My dogs are 4 movement.
Many bonus to hunter also. But sadly, my hunt army was already done.

Damn it. I rolled far back again !
5 citys is impossible to maintain at this moment of the game. I encountered financials problems so heavy, than I had to put 3 city on gold production.
Finaly I got revolts. I choosed barbarian (but I don't know what happened, game looked like crashed), then reload and choose "loose the power", AI then command my citys for a number of turns (It say 120 turns, but look strange, probably it was less), then game is for a moment near to crash (but it don't).
So finaly, I rolled back at the point when I got only 3 citys and when my economy was healty. I don't colonize before to get a positive gold production now.

:yup: Overexpansion of your economy, especially during the early game, is lethally dangerous to your empire. Pay close attention to the limits your civics place on you, and don't expand beyond that point without a very good reason - a must-have resource, or possibly a chance to block a rival empire. A fortification may be better for that last purpose, though - it will allow you to claim territory without tanking your economy.

Later on, those limits aren't quite so hard - in my current game, I'm running Monarchy, which allows me up to fifteen cities before the penalties start kicking in, and my empire is sitting at nineteen cities. Despite the penalties - 12 :mad: in each city because my people are upset about me "overexpanding"! - I only had two cities actually have any level of unhappiness, and a couple of new buildings in each of those cities got rid of that. I'm still going to hold off on any further expansion until I get some new technological developments; while I've got things under control at the moment, a reckless building spree could easily cause me more problems than I care to deal with right now. I'll probably switch to Republic before long, which will allow some more expansion (maybe three to five more cities), and then I'll settle in to develop the cities I already have until either Democracy or Fascism becomes available. (No limits on the number of cities! :woohoo:)

Top Bottom