How is Science doing?

How is the Science Department doing?

• Good

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Bad

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Astain

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I want to put Strider up for a PI (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Strider

In Retrospect
How do you think are science department is doing their job?

After some complants I made this poll to see how you feel.

INFORMATIONAL!!!

I've always thought you did passable work, Strider, even when you were playing the Demogame without a copy of Civ3. But lately, I have not felt that good about the performance of the Science Department. I realize that it can be a difficult position and it can be hard to please a lot of citizens when their opinions differ from yours.I have seen you charm the public much more effectively than you have recently. I would suggest being more precise on your Turn Chat instructions during a crucial path decision. Also, try to keep in mind that any poll posted by a Leader is binding unless explicitely stated in the first post. The main reason for this rule is that Leaders should be leading the Nation with their decisions and agendas. Putting out nothing but informational polls not only tends to confuse the citizens, but makes your stance on the issues appear weaker. And if you're going to put up a poll try to use the results. If you know what you're going to do, regardless of the results of the poll, do even put the poll up. It's just a bad practice to ignore poll results.

Sorry, little buddy, but you should have put an option for "so-so" in your poll.

Essentially, I echo Cyc's comments. We've all seen you do excellent work in positions in the past. Now, having a SUV rolling around on top of you, we can accept a bit of recoup time. Use your deputy to take some of the work load. That's what he's there for.

Yeah, I agree. Plus, we're also at a higher difficulty level...

Strider, I have to agree with Cyc and Shaitan. And a "so-so" option would have been nice. :) You are not doing "bad" in my book, but I have seen you perform better in the first demogame.

I have been giving you "the benefit of the doubt" because I understand you are not at 100% yet since your accident. (The mental/emotional aspects may take as long to heal as the broken bones. Or longer.) I hope to see you back to your usual self soon. (FWIW, every time we chat, you seem more like your old self. :) )

im afraid i found it necessary to vote against the performance of the science ministry for its blatant disregard of public opinion as expressed through the polls. i hope that the results of this thread will encourage the science ministry to lend its ear in a greater fashion to the will of the people. thank you.

Originally posted by Cyc
I've always thought you did passable work, Strider, even when you were playing the Demogame without a copy of Civ3. But lately, I have not felt that good about the performance of the Science Department. I realize that it can be a difficult position and it can be hard to please a lot of citizens when their opinions differ from yours.I have seen you charm the public much more effectively than you have recently. I would suggest being more precise on your Turn Chat instructions during a crucial path decision. Also, try to keep in mind that any poll posted by a Leader is binding unless explicitely stated in the first post. The main reason for this rule is that Leaders should be leading the Nation with their decisions and agendas. Putting out nothing but informational polls not only tends to confuse the citizens, but makes your stance on the issues appear weaker. And if you're going to put up a poll try to use the results. If you know what you're going to do, regardless of the results of the poll, do even put the poll up. It's just a bad practice to ignore poll results.

Sorry, little buddy, but you should have put an option for "so-so" in your poll.

I am playing without a Civ3 copy currently.... My computer died and I am desperatly trying to save up enough money to get a new one. I've saved up enough money, but I have to wait till sunday to get it.

Also I am NOT ignoring the results of polls. It's been my pratice to poll something.... record the information then record it again. Science Poll #2 I beleive is still running.... While Science Poll #3 is running with about the same question. Using the results of both polls I plan on creating 3 queue's. The "offcial" one.(4-5 techs long) then another "offcial one" (the rest of the age) and an emergency queue. Of course all three of these will be polled over.

If you want to have a poll where everyone can vote you have to run it for 5 days. By that time their is already going to be another T/C. The Science Department has always been based off of information and citizen views. This is one of the main reasons I like to be science leader.

Originally posted by neutral leader
im afraid i found it necessary to vote against the performance of the science ministry for its blatant disregard of public opinion as expressed through the polls. i hope that the results of this thread will encourage the science ministry to lend its ear in a greater fashion to the will of the people. thank you.

Lend it's ear?? I have never turned down a citizens view on anything. Yes of course right now I am still weak from my car accident and a bit lazy, but seeing the arguments over science and the differant views in it are why I still find the demogame entertaining.

Originally posted by Padma
Strider, I have to agree with Cyc and Shaitan. And a "so-so" option would have been nice. :) You are not doing "bad" in my book, but I have seen you perform better in the first demogame.

I have been giving you "the benefit of the doubt" because I understand you are not at 100% yet since your accident. (The mental/emotional aspects may take as long to heal as the broken bones. Or longer.) I hope to see you back to your usual self soon. (FWIW, every time we chat, you seem more like your old self. :) )

What do you meann each time we chat you seem more like yourself?

Right now, all I can say is that it would be best for the FNSD to post a new discussion so that we can all put some reasonable input on our research pathes.

Otherwise, I don't think I may suitibly judge our science department now. We've only completed a single tech. Until I can see how Strider's decisions have affected the game, I shall refrain from saying anything, minus what I've already just stated.

Originally posted by Octavian X
Right now, all I can say is that it would be best for the FNSD to post a new discussion so that we can all put some reasonable input on our research pathes.

Otherwise, I don't think I may suitibly judge our science department now. We've only completed a single tech. Until I can see how Strider's decisions have affected the game, I shall refrain from saying anything, minus what I've already just stated.

Octavian... Their is already a discussion over queue suggestions etc. Also if we wanted to we could even put it in the Science Department thread.

Top Bottom