How is the BNW expansion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah.. ok. Guess we always need a place where we can say how we don't like something :D. As for Steam, that's strange.:confused: I never had problem with Steam, it was a little problematic when it came out but after 7 years it's working flawlessly now. Truly a great thing, constantly giving discounts on something and it also allows the indie scene to thrive giving us those small jewels from time to time.

Steam its self works fine, my issue with it is setting up a steam account and having to track down the old account I used years ago when civ V first came out because my Email was already in use. Steam runs fine on faster internet connection, but I live out of the way and rely on satellite internet and a limited data plan for my internet, which changes steam from being a useful program to being a pain. I normally buy the disc and just skip any online downloading but the fact that Civ V required a steam account to download it, even if you bought the disk, forced me to use steam when it simply is not the best program for me.

In that regard steam colored my vision of Civ 5 since it was two week after I bought the game on release that I was actually able to play it. So everything after that such as the AI was made exasperating because of all the difficulties in getting it started up.

So maybe I am to harsh on Civ 5 and while I don't think it will ever be as good as any of the civ 4 game, I do think it deserves more credit than what I give it.

Moderator Action: Then why come into the Civ5 forums and ask a question and then answer it yourself, in the negative. This thread is closed.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Sure, but cultural boarder push will not work in ciV.

Cultural border pushing is the sole reason I will never play CivIV Vanilla or BTS ever again.

Ever.

It was a terrible idea, made borders already be-uglied by squares even uglier, and generally required me to play fixed border mods like C2C, or something that helps out with the ugly in the long run like LoR.

The expansions definitely make the game significantly better. It's still a different game, though, on some fundamental level.

The 1UPT philosophy applies to the cities as well in some ways. Essentially production is much 'lower' compared to research pace than it was in Civ4 - primarily as you don't need to be cranking out lots of units. However, that also means you don't even have the bandwidth to build all the buildings/wonders/etc. - as they come up. Especially at higher levels in civ 5, you really have to carefully choose what your strategy is and what you're going to build, and aim for it, while in Civ4 you could nearly build everything as it came up (and try for all the wonders too, with the cash reward!) - and then you adjust things with the sliders for your vc. You really can't do that in Civ 5 - basically choosing what buildings to build, and what not IS adjusting the sliders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom