How long does it take you to complete the tech race?

texico11

Chieftain
How long would it usually take you to research all the tech (should you happen to not finish the game by then?)

I'm just wondering, because I've been playing for about 1 week now and I've only just entered the industrial age with full science slider. Is this normal, or pretty slow?

I AM playing huge Archipelago with 23 civs but If this is normal for play time for a HUGE map that's not a problem.

One more variable to consider is the level of the game (Chieftain --> Deity / Sid). The tech pace tends to speed up as you go higher in levels, because the AI will research faster, and trade around more.

And that brings up another aspect: at levels above Warlord, when the AI can research at least as fast as you, you can speed up the pace by trading techs, so nobody has to "re-invent the wheel." ;)

Finally, subjective time isn't a good measure. you've been "playing for about 1 week now", but is that 8 hrs a day? 1 hr a day? Half-an-hour every other day? What counts is *in-game time*. Tell us how many actual hours you've been playing, and, more importantly, what YEAR it is in the game. Then we have an objective yardstick to measure against. ;)

It's 1395 AD, and I was playing around 3, 4 hours a day at one point. It's at diety, but I havn't benifited much from AI trade because my reputation was soiled early on. I was trading lux with Persia when they set up an embargo against us with Russia, effectively ending the trade. For some reason I've been blamed for this.

It does sound slow for deity (though huge and archipelago slow it down a bit), but what's more important is how you compare to the AI in the game (since no two games play the same). if you're keeping up with them, it's not important how you compare to other games (except in the case of HoF games, I suppose)

Top Bottom