How many civs do you predict will be in the official XP and which civs will they be?

Asian cultures are a bit neglected in Civ3. It occurred to me that Indonesia, representing 200 million people, has been way more influential than any American native tribes for example. Although Indonesia as a country is a modern invention, the culture stretches back to ancient times and it survives today as the largest Islamic nation on earth.

Thailand (or I guess it would be Siam) is not big, but it is ancient too and has the distinction of never having been totally conquered by anyone, ever. It could be a proxy for the several other Indo-Chinese cultures (Burma, Laos, Vietnam) in the same way the Iroquois are meant to represent all the North American tribal nations.

Not that I think any of these will make it into the XP version, Asian cultures are too far off the radar screen for the typical Civ3 player it seems.

I'm willing to bet that there will be either 8, 14, or 16 new Civs. +8 = 50% more. +16 = 100% more. +14 gives exactly 2 civs with matching traits ... for example both the Japanese & Aztecs are Militaristic and Religious.

My top 6 choices:

1. Celts
2. Sioux
3. Inca
4. Vikings
5. Mongolians
6. Carthaginians

If I had to guess, I would say there will be five new civs. They will throw together a whole new civ-specific trait, and add a civ for each new combo, while changing either the japanese or the aztecs to it so there is no more overlap.
Although I have no idea what that new trait might be, so maybe not.

Do we even know for sure that there will be an x-pack, or is this all specualtion?

As an additional European civ, I'd take the Dutch. Their empire may have been smaller than that of Spain, but they contributed a lot to the advance of human civilization and they are still among the top economic powers today.

I'm hoping the XP will contain 8 civs.
For a decent geographical spread, we need a civ from South America, where I would put Tiahuanaco (the Inca rule is just the last dynasty of that same empire), Polynesia (capital: Jakarta), at least one African civ (Ethiopia) and possibly Mongolia.

That makes five. I would add Arabia, Mali and the Maya for good measure.

Top Bottom