1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

how many religions...

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by OsmarChito, Jun 19, 2012.

1. OsmarChito

OsmarChito Warlord

...can be founded if your playing with 22 civilziations i think is 11 right? but in the religion overview says "religions that can still be found : 7" why is that?

2. Randall_Flagg

Randall_Flagg The Evil One

Pretty sure max is 8, and that is for min of 16 civs. I also think the number of religions will always be half, ie if you have 8 civs you can have max of 4 religions in the game. Since i am at work, guessing based on what I read. :)

3. OsmarChito

OsmarChito Warlord

i thought the max was 11 with 22 civilizations...

4. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

I'm confused by it too because in my standard game (so 8 civs), it said "5 religions could still be founded." before any religions were founded. It should only be 4 religions for the 8 civs then, shouldn't it?

5. OsmarChito

OsmarChito Warlord

yea it's pretty weird could be a bug i dont know

6. The Peacekeeper

The Peacekeeper Chieftain

I have been playing on a small map with 6 civs, and two religions have been founded. It also says that two more can be founded. It seems like the max number of religions is half plus one, or that there is a bug.

7. Huaojozu

Huaojozu Warlord

It seems there won't be enough follower beliefs for 11 religions. I counted 16 follower beliefs total which would suggest 8 religions max or perhaps more but some with only founder beliefs.

8. hardcore_gamer

hardcore_gamer King

But what if there are only 2 players? Does that mean only 1 player can found a religion or can both players do so?

9. Randall_Flagg

Randall_Flagg The Evil One

I could be off on what I read on limit per game. We will soon know, just glad there will be at least 2 civs with no founding!!

10. KnelRivendare

KnelRivendare Warlord

11. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Adding civs does not expand the number of permitted religions. Max is 7 religions on a huge map.

12. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Unless you mod it in the world sizes xml;
    but it doesn't look like you should increase it any higher than 8 if Byzantine is in the game, 9 otherwise. (Who knows what would happen if it was time to enhance a religion but there were no more available enhancers to choose from)

13. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

If you're going to mod religion mechanics, just create more beliefs while you're at it.