how many religions...

OsmarChito

Warlord
...can be founded if your playing with 22 civilziations i think is 11 right? but in the religion overview says "religions that can still be found : 7" why is that?

Pretty sure max is 8, and that is for min of 16 civs. I also think the number of religions will always be half, ie if you have 8 civs you can have max of 4 religions in the game. Since i am at work, guessing based on what I read. :)

Pretty sure max is 8, and that is for min of 16 civs. I also think the number of religions will always be half, ie if you have 8 civs you can have max of 4 religions in the game. Since i am at work, guessing based on what I read. :)

i thought the max was 11 with 22 civilizations...

I'm confused by it too because in my standard game (so 8 civs), it said "5 religions could still be founded." before any religions were founded. It should only be 4 religions for the 8 civs then, shouldn't it?

I'm confused by it too because in my standard game (so 8 civs), it said "5 religions could still be founded." before any religions were founded. It should only be 4 religions for the 8 civs then, shouldn't it?

yea it's pretty weird could be a bug i dont know

I have been playing on a small map with 6 civs, and two religions have been founded. It also says that two more can be founded. It seems like the max number of religions is half plus one, or that there is a bug.

It seems there won't be enough follower beliefs for 11 religions. I counted 16 follower beliefs total which would suggest 8 religions max or perhaps more but some with only founder beliefs.

But what if there are only 2 players? Does that mean only 1 player can found a religion or can both players do so?

I could be off on what I read on limit per game. We will soon know, just glad there will be at least 2 civs with no founding!!

Adding civs does not expand the number of permitted religions. Max is 7 religions on a huge map.

Adding civs does not expand the number of permitted religions. Max is 7 religions on a huge map.

Unless you mod it in the world sizes xml;
but it doesn't look like you should increase it any higher than 8 if Byzantine is in the game, 9 otherwise. (Who knows what would happen if it was time to enhance a religion but there were no more available enhancers to choose from)

If you're going to mod religion mechanics, just create more beliefs while you're at it.

Top Bottom