How old were you when you first played Civ?

I played CIV first time in 1992 when I was 13.

I had played jump and run games and all that stuff on Commodore PCs for several years- got my first Computer when i was 8
i had quitted computer gameplay years ago before Civ 1 came up

When i was 17 in 1991, i played Civ 1 on an Amiga 500,
a machine of a friend of mine
did some games till i killed the Germans with Nukes :)
Colonization and CIV II were good as well as CIV I was
but the first one that is as addicting as CIV I is CIV IV
and here I am again playing BTS Rhyse and FFH II

Now at 73 my younger son has brought me Civ IV :)! I've yet to install and play :(!!

PEACE!!!

I think Civ was the first game I ever played on my 386 pc which i got from my uncle when i was 7 years old.............additionally he gave me "dune" and "cosmos cosmic adventure"
but civ was definitely the best;)

I don't remember when I first played CIv...but as I have said it I have said earlier it was when it was first released, as you can see I am now past 73 now :)! I definitely had the first versin of when I got the first Window and my computer was what the 386 too :)?

PEACE!!!

I was very young and it was when Civilization was new. I remember I didn't know how it worked, like always me and my brother just started a game and checked if it was fun, if not we started another one. We played together and we didn't know you could change units so we only build militia and put them outside the city. Then after a while we noticed that the enemy could build better unit... and when we attacked with militias we often lost... so then finally we found out how to build newer troops and we build Phalanx and I was so disappointed they didn't do better than militias hehe in attack of course... then later on I understood how it all worked and started to build chariots etc.. hahaha so stupid but it was like 20 years ago or more.

I was 12 when my oldest sister's boyfriend bought me civ 1. I didnt own a computer yet, besides a commodore, so I went to friends to play the game. Sadly most of them liked shooters and soccer games...I did too, but i also wanted to civ!

I did get around to playing it often enough though.

Did your sister marry the boyfriend? Buying a video game for a kid at 1991 prices is some buttering up!

I think (I mean I don't exactly remember) I first played civ 1 around 92, first from a not too legal copy but after some time I thought, hey, this game rocks, the guys who made this game should earn a decent living, so I bought the game. Legal and stuff.

This is in general my advice: you test the trial junk version 1, just like anyone else. Normally, you ditch this then to let the competition debug it, and you get it yourself somewhere around version 4.

Civ is the exception. It rocks from version 1!

I was like 6 or 7. Twas one of my first ever 'puter games. IMO still the best.

I played it around when in came out, I think. I believe I was 12, and I birthed in 1979. I recall building tons of militia in my first game before I think I even trained a second settler, on I think an Earth map on Chieftain.

I remeber it was 1994 and I was 7 y old. I didn't even know english but I was captivated by that images of Alexander, Napoleon etc (and of course that roman science guy). AND GOD I MISS THE CITY VIEW FROM CIV1!!!

I was about 10 when I first played CIV1. It was on a 386...memories....

I still enjoy CIV1 today. I finally got the DosBox emulator and got it running up again. I been playing alot of CIV IV the past couple years, so going back to the "roots" is pretty awesome

Top Bottom