How to break the search function.

MrBtings

Chieftain
I wish i'd screenshotted but it seems easy enough to re-create.
Diety, standard Highlands map as Teddy BM.

My last game i had 22 sources of Mercury according to the search function.
I named a city Mercury Inc and another Mercury Mining.
The search function now shows 70 (!) Mercury but can only locate 4 of them.
It does however, locate the 2 cities in one massive blob.Weird.

On Windows, your single player saved games will be stored in a subfolder under your "My Games" folder (for me, the path is "D:\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Saves\single"). To upload a save file, just click on the "Upload a File" button when composing a reply to this thread, navigate to your saved files subfolder and select the save to upload. If you need to upload an autosave file (rather than a manual save), autosaves are located in the "auto" subfolder inside the "single" subfolder).

On Windows, your single player saved games will be stored in a subfolder under your "My Games" folder (for me, the path is "D:\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Saves\single"). To upload a save file, just click on the "Upload a File" button when composing a reply to this thread, navigate to your saved files subfolder and select the save to upload. If you need to upload an autosave file (rather than a manual save), autosaves are located in the "auto" subfolder inside the "single" subfolder).

Thanks for that, i hope i've done it right.

Attachments

• TEDDY ROOSEVELT (BULL MOOSE) 166 1050 AD.Civ6Save
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
When you search for a city name it finds every tile belonging to the city. So for example if you search for New York it returns more results than 1. City with 3-hexes radius has 37 tiles. In your case the number jumped from 22 to 70. The difference is 48 - 2 cities can cover that difference with no problem. But I dont know why it finds only 4 Mercury resources now.

upload_2021-2-9_8-19-27.png

Last edited:
Yes, that looks exactly what was happening.A massive blob as both cities were next to each other.As an aside, i had Anansi go and remove some Mercury from Sulieman but it did not remove them from the global resource report screen until i saved the game and reloaded.

Top Bottom