How to continue a game crashing on the first sea level rising turn

Gedemon

Modder
Super Moderator
  1. Create an empty custom.sql file following the tutorial here
  2. Open the SQL file in a text editor, like notepad
  3. Copy the code below in that file
    Code:
    INSERT OR REPLACE INTO GlobalParameters (Name, Value) VALUES ('YNAMP_PLEASE_REMOVE_LOWLAND',1);
  4. Load your save, I'd suggest to create a new save with a different name before continuing, just in case, YnAMP will try to remove all Coastal Lowland tiles from the map if it detect that code
  5. Try to pass the next turn
  6. If it has worked, save, remove or rename the custom.sql file from the mod's folder, else it will be applied on all maps, every time.

This was tested successfully on my side with a save that was crashing the next turn because of sea rising.

It won't do miracles, the game instability is still here, you'll still get random crashes and maybe crashes on Reveal All, but it should allow to bypass that specific hard crash.

And of course it makes everything related to Sea Rising in that game useless, your choice to continue the game unbalanced or not, at least you have it now.

Reactions: PiR
  1. Create an empty custom.sql file following the tutorial here
  2. Open the SQL file in a text editor, like notepad
  3. Copy the code below in that file
    Code:
    INSERT OR REPLACE INTO GlobalParameters (Name, Value) VALUES ('YNAMP_PLEASE_REMOVE_LOWLAND',1);
  4. Load your save, I'd suggest to create a new save with a different name before continuing, just in case, YnAMP will try to remove all Coastal Lowland tiles from the map if it detect that code
  5. Try to pass the next turn
  6. If it has worked, save, remove or rename the custom.sql file from the mod's folder, else it will be applied on all maps, every time.
This was tested successfully on my side with a save that was crashing the next turn because of sea rising.

It won't do miracles, the game instability is still here, you'll still get random crashes and maybe crashes on Reveal All, but it should allow to bypass that specific hard crash.

And of course it makes everything related to Sea Rising in that game useless, your choice to continue the game unbalanced or not, at least you have it now.
Does the start menu choice for no sea level rise negate this crash?
I ask because I always select this option.
Also can the crashes in the Greatest Earth Map be circumvented by reloading or do they terminate the game.
I have gone 350-400+ turns on the next largest TSL map with no crashes.

It should, if it works as intended (should not see coastal tiles with elevation value when in settler mode)

But there are other random crashes and unrecoverable (not yet identified) crashes.

With a bit of luck you can avoid them, the only one 100% reproducible is the water rising crash.

I think I have an idea why the game is crashing. This happens when the city is located on a Lowland tiles. I am attaching a photo. I tried to fix it as advised by removing the Lowland tiles, but it did not help.

Attachments

• Error_LowCity.png
    Error_LowCity.png
    3 MB · Views: 169
Top Bottom