how to create land that is able to support a dam in worldbuilder

markto

Chieftain
so from googling around, it looks like in order to build a dam, the land has to have that "susceptible to flood" attribute, and apparently putting a floodplain feature on a land spot via the worldbuilder does not mean the same thing....

so how do i put that attribute on a piece of land via the worldbuilder?

thanks

I think the rivers need to have an ID (allowing rivers to be named) so that flooding and placing dams work.

Most official WB maps don't have river IDs, and I don't know if it can be changed in the Worldbuilder, but there is a table in the DB to set river IDs, see:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...map-river-label-and-dam.669574/#post-16083118

Anyway you don't set plots manually, I think it's the "2 edges adjacent to river" and "that river has an ID" that determine if a dam can be placed on a plot.

YnAMP use its own code to set River IDs on its map scripts which allows them to have flood and dams.

mm..im actually using a yamp map, but how do i set that? the map end up with most rivers dont have floodable areas.

if it's a map edited with WB then converted to YnAMP format it should work, if it's just a map edited with WB (even one from YnAMP) then saved as a WB map it won't work directly, as the others official maps.

floodplain that can generate floods are randomly placed on map generation by a call to a "GameCore" function (ie one that can not be modded)

which means not all floodplain that you place manually will generate flood.

Top Bottom