How to get the Civ VI SDK/Modding toolkit if you have the Epic Games version of Civ VI?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Question, Oct 31, 2021.

1. Question

Question King

I have Civ VI on Epic Games, but there doesnt appear to be a way to download the SDK/Modding toolkit from Epic Games. I know you can get it from Steam, but Steam refuses to let you download it unless you have the steam version of Civ VI (as far as i can tell anyway).

Is there a way to download the Civ VI SDK if you have the Epic Games verison of Civ VI? Is there a way to import it to the Steam Library or something so that Steam will recognize that I have it and let me download the SDK?

2. Hakan-i Cihan

Hakan-i Cihan Emperor

I know there is the possibility to link games from other stores/sources to steam. But I do not know whether it will allow installing Civ VI SDK if Civ VI from Epic is linked to your Steam. You could try or maybe others have a better solution..?

3. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

There isn’t any way.

4. Question

Question King

How do you link them to steam?

5. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

A quick Google search will show you how to add non-Steam games to Steam desktop.

All this does is make Steam a shortcut for launching it. It does nothing to change ownership or confer ownership on the Steam platform.

there’s no way to get the SDK without having a Steam copy of the game

Hakan-i Cihan likes this.