How to get the Civ VI SDK/Modding toolkit if you have the Epic Games version of Civ VI?

Question

King
I have Civ VI on Epic Games, but there doesnt appear to be a way to download the SDK/Modding toolkit from Epic Games. I know you can get it from Steam, but Steam refuses to let you download it unless you have the steam version of Civ VI (as far as i can tell anyway).

Is there a way to download the Civ VI SDK if you have the Epic Games verison of Civ VI? Is there a way to import it to the Steam Library or something so that Steam will recognize that I have it and let me download the SDK?

I know there is the possibility to link games from other stores/sources to steam. But I do not know whether it will allow installing Civ VI SDK if Civ VI from Epic is linked to your Steam. You could try or maybe others have a better solution..?

I know there is the possibility to link games from other stores/sources to steam. But I do not know whether it will allow installing Civ VI SDK if Civ VI from Epic is linked to your Steam. You could try or maybe others have a better solution..?

How do you link them to steam?

A quick Google search will show you how to add non-Steam games to Steam desktop.

All this does is make Steam a shortcut for launching it. It does nothing to change ownership or confer ownership on the Steam platform.

there’s no way to get the SDK without having a Steam copy of the game

Really makes me wish I would have gotten my Civ VI through steam and not Epic uggg. I do have Civ V on Steam though

Thank you for reaching out to us at 2K Support,

I understand that you're unable to add mods to your Epic games Civilization VI. As of know, Epic games doesn't provide an alternative to the SDK that is available on Steam. So to be able to mod the game you will have to own the Steam version of the game.

Top Bottom