How to hire mercenaries

blackheart

unenlightened
How do we hire mercenaries, and I read in the hints ingame that we can contract our own troops out as mercs somewhere... how does this work?

Yeah. I never hire them, who needs them, really.

EDIT: This is my 444th post! :bounce: I like the number 4 for many reasons...

Emergencies are bad since it takes several turns for hem to arrive. We discussed this earlier, but that thread died.

several turns? i hired a merc unit recently (didn't think it was worth it, over all, but it WAS an emergency), and i received the unit at the next turn...

I also appear to have got them on the few occasions I have used them (as Carthage) on the turn after hiring, normally at my most front line city too. The mercs I normally hire as Carthage are for the rush attack on Egypt and Sur so its normally Chariots and Impis which may be why they appear so close to the territory they spawn in and so quickly...

Merc are almost always too expensive, I don't use them. They need a wage cut. ;)

Here's the thread, scroll to the bottom to see the discussion on cost. I haven't checked the main merc thread recently to see if they were planning on changing the cost anytime soon.

Can't you put your own units up for merc usage? And make money?

yes you can... one of the unit action buttons should allow you to do that...

It's not a unit action button anymore, Rhye took it out because it confused people new to the game. You have to go to the Mercenary Contracts part of the Mercenary screen to hire them out.

Top Bottom