How to load the file?

WizKazin

Chieftain
I'm know that this is a super newbie question, but I have never done this before. How do I load the file in game after I download the file for the game of the month?

Welcome to CivFanatics and Game of the Month.

When you download the save, you need to save it to the Civ6 Save folder. On my computer, it is:
D:\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Saves\Single

The game will not find the file unless it is in that folder, as far as I know.

Welcome to CivFanatics and Game of the Month.

When you download the save, you need to save it to the Civ6 Save folder. On my computer, it is:
D:\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Saves\Single

The game will not find the file unless it is in that folder, as far as I know.

Okay, thank you very much!

For Mac players out there:

On my Mac the location is ~/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/Saves/Single

To open the hidden ~/Library folder in your home directory, hold the alt key down while you select the Finder->Go menu, and click Library.

One more question: in order to post a screenshot of the game (made with F12), which is the easy process for posting it? Do you still need a photo storage site (imgur or similar) or is there an easier and more direct way?
Thanks in advance.

It is probably easiest to use an off site photo storage site. Copy the link and then you can post it in image tags.

You can use the forums and to do that you need to upload the screen shot file. If you look at the lower right of the reply box, an option should be there labeled "Upload a File". Click on it and follow the directions. Once the file is uploaded, you can use it as a thumbnail or you can use it as a large image.

You can also just drag and drop your image file onto your post editing screen.

OK, thanks for the answer, the drag and drop seems to be the easiest one.
By the way, isn't there a Hall of Fame anymore? Now it's not obvious where your final score is, in the rankings screen when you win the game you have it but ...

Hall of Fame is work in progress, I think. You can see your final score again if you load up your final save and look at the victory progress/score screen. As far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to be any score bonus for a victory, but I may be mistaken.

Hall of Fame is work in progress, I think. You can see your final score again if you load up your final save and look at the victory progress/score screen. As far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to be any score bonus for a victory, but I may be mistaken.
Yes, that's what I was doing, thanks anyway.

When I try to load the saved game file, my game crashes to desktop (on my mac). Can anyone help me?

As I posted in the announcement thread:
I believe (can't check as I am not home) the windows version of the game is now: 1.0.0.56

I think the MAC version is: 1.0.0.38.

They are not compatible. Please check your software version number.

edit- confirmed the latest windows version is 1.0.0.56.
Sorry, but you will have to wait until the MAC version gets patched to version 1.0.0.56.

Please do not spam the same question over multiple threads.

Top Bottom