How to play as China?

I've only played one game (Emperor) as China. It was my last game and China is now my new favourite civ, taking over from Aztecs.
So I won't be able to give much expert advice.

What difficulty level are you playing at?
Paper Maker is an excellent building and lends itself to a wider empire, which was new for me. I too am somewhat smitten with the CKN. Build lots, get them promoted and try for a range promotion for when you upgrade them to Gatlings.

Further than that I don't think i'm qualified to advise.

But obviously, as with any civ, play to their strengths, which are quite apparent for China:
War - excellent
Money - good
Tech - decent.

China is a good Civ to REX in an ICSish way, making all your cities produce archers to then upgrade them

You play it as any other civ.

Only difference is you can beeline xbows after NC and start warmongering there.

Wide, Tall, ICS, you can do it all really :p But some warmongering should be in there given the unique unit and UA.

I really love Chu-No-Ku, but I don't know how to play with China, what to build, how many cities I should found, which beliefs I should choose for religion etc
Any advice?

Read up on strategy guides. (the 4 tradition opener seems to help many) Your questions doesn't have anything to do with China as much as playing CiV5 in general.

I'd defs do at least 1 scout first cos it could get upgraded to an archer, which is awesome for China. Consider taking Honour and get the free GG (Either that or build units and war super fast). It's really powerful for China, and means you can war much, much more effectively earlier (which snowballs), which means more experience for your army too. Prioritise all 5 ranged unit techs.

Other than that I'd advocate wide over tall (so liberty if u don't want honour), and would probably raze more than puppet, especially early. Puppets can't build CKNs.
If you can take out the city that built ToA or SoZ early they'd both be really useful. Target them if possible. Later building Brandenburg in best production city is good for any domination game.

What bonuses to take for religion? Don't focus on religion. Build units instead. MoG would be a good pantheon if you faith ruin. You wanna get to archery/writing/construction/mechanics asap. If you do get a religion, warmongers need a long tonne of hapiness unless they raze everything, so go that way.

If you were looking for basic advice, just build a load of ranged units and go out and be a douche to everyone. It's fun :).

Top Bottom