How to play the infernals after creating them?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by calmon, Aug 12, 2007.

1. calmon

calmon Chieftain

Hi together,

just a short question belonging to the infernals. I researched the infernal pact first and created the infernals.

The wiki says:

Note that if a human player first researches Infernal Pact, they will have the option of abandoning their current civilization, and taking over this one instead.

But i can't see any option to take over the infernals.

What i've to do?

(Playing 0.23c)

update:
    ok, i've used an autosave and cast the infernal pact 1 turn earlier. Now all works fine and i got a popup.

Maybe there was another nation which researched infernal pact in the same turn and i just thought i were first ;)

2. jonottawa

jonottawa Chieftain

Move all your units to Dis (the Infernal capital) and then declare war on Hyborem. When your last unit dies, you will automatically take over the Infernals.

3. calmon

calmon Chieftain

Dis is on the other side of the world. I can't move to them. Is there no other option?

4. The Tyrant

The Tyrant Prince

That's odd. When I researched Infernal Pact, a pop-up asked if I wanted to abandon my original civilization and play as the infernals. When I accepted, I began with Hyborem and a group of units in the only open space left on that map.

5. calmon

calmon Chieftain

update:
    ok, i've used an autosave and cast the infernal pact 1 turn earlier. Now all works fine and i got a popup.

Maybe there was another nation which researched infernal pact in the same turn and i just thought i were first ;).

6. kenken244

kenken244 Grammar Nazi

did uyou get the hyborem created hyborem message? that shows that you were the one to bring him into the world

7. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

Yep, this was exactly the case. Happened to me more than once.