How to replace one civ with another

NiRv4n4

King
Firstly, I apologize about all of the new posts. I am rather stupid at this sort of thing.

My issue is that I have no idea how to replace a civilization. What I want to do is replace the Ethiopian civ (with Zara Yqob) to the Irish civ (with Brian Boru, included in http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=251995&highlight=esnaz's+mod ). I never use the Ethiopian civ, and will not miss it. However, there are just so many damn files involved, I do not know where to start. I do not want to have to load any mods or do any of that, I just want to play the game normal, with Ireland instead of Ethiopia. Like, replace all of his files with those of Ireland, but make it so anything pertaining to Ethiopia instead is towards Ireland. I honestly have no idea. Any advice would be appreciated.

There's no point to use not a mod ;). It's easy to create one, and can be loaded as default.

To you question, changing a civ:
Civiliaztion informations are in Assets\XML\Civilizations\CivilizationsInfos.xml, leaderhead informations in the same folder, in LeaderHeadInfos.xml.
Art for that are in Assets\XML\Art\ArtDefines_Civilizations.xml and ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml.
UU: Unit information is in Assets\XML\Units\UnitInfos.xml, art in Assets\XML\Art\ArtDefines_units.xml
UB: Assets\XML\Building\BuildingInfos.xml, Assets\XML\Art\ArtDefines_Buildings.xml

Text is somewhere in Assets\XML\Text folder. You can place new text in every file there, doesn't matter which one.

The two files that you need to deal with are in the XML\Civilizations folder they are Civ4CivilizationInfos and Civ4LeaderheadInfos. You may need to mess with some other files if there is a new unique unit or something like that. Make sure that you create a seperate mod instead of changing the actual game files. That way you can always get back to the original game if things get screwed up.

Top Bottom