How to save new Domestic Advisor pages?

Kakafika

Warlord
Hello, haven't played the mod for over a year, and I can't remember the trick to getting the Domestic Advisor pages to save properly. I remember reading it in a guide somewhere, but can't seem to find the post.

I find it's very useful for tracking which unit-created buildings are in which cities, so I can direct animals/storytellers to the best cities quickly.

Great work on v37 btw. Very noticeable improvements to balance, and I enjoyed digging into the Civilopedia to see the interactions with the different burial practices buildings. I'm looking forward to seeing what Classical and beyond will look like! (I'm using an SVN version downloaded April 20th)

I'm fairly sure that once you build the page as you want it to be, then you must immediately save game. Then save the game again on same turn, a double save. The 2nd save will bring up the pop up where the game asks you Do you want to Overwrite? Click Yes.

This seems to "lock" in your settings. It is also the same procedure for locking in your BUG settings as well.

Hmm, just tried that, and it didn't work. I also tried creating the page, saving it, exiting edit mode, saving the game, saving the game again, entering edit mode, saving it, exiting edit mode, entering edit mode, saving it, exiting edit mode, saving the game, saving the game.

Once you save it, I think you need to go into UserSettings and delete the CustomDomAdv folder or put your new version in there to replace the default one.

I deleted the CustomDomAdv file in the folder, and replaced it with the one outside of the folder. That worked, thanks!

Top Bottom