[R&F] How to take advantage of natural wonders?

Question

King
Ive had Uluru spawn nearby in two games but being surrounded by desert and lacking any decent resources nearby just makes it pointless to found cities nearby to take advantage of the natural wonder tile yields. Am i missing something here?

If you can place a city so it can chop Petra and still keep Uluru bonuses in range, then you have a super duper awesome city. In R&F, Magnus combined with Limes wall overflow greatly reduces the chop tiles needed. If that isn't an option, then the only reason I would settle near it is for the extra 2 historic points to get a Golden Age if I had no other way and a settler to place - in that case I'd drop it right next to it so I'd at least get +4 culture and +4 faith.

Uh, not sure what you are talking about. Petra is the desert improvement wonder right? But getting a weak city with mostly barren desert tiles to build a wonder is pretty hard...

Uh, not sure what you are talking about. Petra is the desert improvement wonder right? But getting a weak city with mostly barren desert tiles to build a wonder is pretty hard...

Chops and harvest stone are your friend.

Top Bottom