How to update the Complete Edition to BtS 3.19?

Monstersocke

Chieftain
Hi there!

I recently bought the Civ 4 Complete Edition on DVD (from Aspyr) ... just to find out that it comes with BtS 3.17. After starting BtS it claims that there's an update to 3.19. After downloading it in-game I found an EXE-file on my Mac. :eek:

I then went to the Aspyr homepage and downloaded the DMG-file to patch BtS manually. Everything worked fine during the installation. The Finder shows the BtS version 3.19 - but when I want to start BtS it says that the BtS-DVD is missing. I do have the Complete-DVD but not a BtS one.

I've spend several hours for troubleshooting now - without success. :(

Any suggestions? Guess I'm not the only one facing this problem.

Greetings from Germany
Matthias

Hi :wavey: Welcome

As you have discovered, the in-game updater is Windows-only. However, the v3.19 updater ought to work, as you say you have the DVD installation.

Have you contacted Aspyr support?

Hello, Alan!

Thanks for the reply. :)

The updater from Aspyr might be causing the problem. I will try to re-install as Admin this evening and see what will happen.

Aspyr is contacted for support.

Bye
Matthias

Edit: Still the same problem. The Complete-DVD is mounted - and BtS is claiming a missing DVD.

Edit2: Got an answer from Aspyr that the Complete DVD has to have BtS 3.19 - but BtS as well as the Apple Finder don't think so. I'm wondering what the next step of the Aspyr support will be.

Update:

Seems that I got a faulty DVD (or whatever). I will try to get a new DVD with BtS 3.19 from Aspyr now.

Greetings
Matthias

Very weird! I must say I was surprised that the Complete DVD had 3.17. I thought Complete was released after 3.19 hit the streets. Good luck with getting a replacement from Aspyr

Indeed ... weird.

We will switch the DVDs new. The support of Aspyr will send me one with the final patch and will get mine in exchange. We will see if the problem still remains then.

Solved.

The new DVD arrived with the final patches on it. Looking forward to spend an evening with cIV now. :)

Top Bottom