how to watch several trading offers without deciding?

Serp

King
Hi :)

After I improved a second luxury of same typ, all AI players sent me an offer, because they wanted that luxury.
So I clicked the notification (was stacked, several offers) which opend the first AI with his offer.

But now I was stuck at the trading screen and all I could click was "no" or "yes". I hit ESC but this resulted in "no". I would like to compare all offers first, before deciding. Is this possible? If not, is there a mod for this?

Not possible to the best of my knowledge. No idea about mods.

I use the slew of leader offers as a reminder that a prior trade deal has run it's course (because that's an actually useful bit of information, which unfortunately doesn't appear in your news feed.) Then at the start of my next turn, offer the Luxury around to all AI leaders. Sometimes your best offer will come from a leader who didn't pop up to offer you something on their turn.

No guarantee, however, that the offer from the AI leader will be identical when you go back to them. Their circumstances may have changed, which will impact their offer.

Since you don't get a notification of trade deals ending, for a long time I have been selling Lux and extra Resources for 1 gpt + max cash allowed. Then at least I can look at the drop down list of income to see what deals end soon that have gpt as part of them (found in the gold status line top-leftish of the main screen). The list will also include gpt from peace offers accepted. Since I have been selling Open Borders to newly met civs away from home (especially if I'm on an Island or something) for 1 gpt I have been experimenting with changing my trade deals to be max cash +2 gpt so I can keep them straight.

Since you don't get a notification of trade deals ending, for a long time I have been selling Lux and extra Resources for 1 gpt + max cash allowed. Then at least I can look at the drop down list of income to see what deals end soon that have gpt as part of them (found in the gold status line top-leftish of the main screen). The list will also include gpt from peace offers accepted. Since I have been selling Open Borders to newly met civs away from home (especially if I'm on an Island or something) for 1 gpt I have been experimenting with changing my trade deals to be max cash +2 gpt so I can keep them straight.

...or you can use EDR. :D

ince you don't get a notification of trade deals ending, for a long time I have been selling Lux and extra Resources for 1 gpt + max cash allowed. Then at least I can look at the drop down list of income to see what deals end soon that have gpt as part of them (found in the gold status line top-leftish of the main screen).

This is how I do things. Even if I have to offer a lump sum of gold in return for 1 GPT when doing a straight swap of resources I do so. This allows me to know precisely when the deal expires.

...or you can use EDR. :D
This is a nice mod, thank you :)
But... it has nothing to do with the initial question, has it?
I thought it would show the trade request from AI (so I can compare all deal offers before entering the deal screen), but it only shows what ressources they could potentially trade.

edit:
since you are the author of this great mod (and I also made another request at your steamworkshop page), are you going to add trade deal requests?

This is a nice mod, thank you :)
But... it has nothing to do with the initial question, has it?
I thought it would show the trade request from AI (so I can compare all deal offers before entering the deal screen), but it only shows what ressources they could potentially trade.

edit:
since you are the author of this great mod (and I also made another request at your steamworkshop page), are you going to add trade deal requests?

I was responding to that specific poster and his issues, that were not aligned with the original question... as for simultaneous trade alternatives, initially I don't see an easy way to do it as the engine gives each AI player it's turn (not parallel), so it is probably impossible to evaluate simultaneous trade possibilities... the best way to deal with the original issue if you think you can get a better deal with some other AI is to reject the proposal and then, in your turn, probe all AIs. But you are not guaranteed to find a better deal, quite like in real life, isn't it?

@Aristos thank you.
Yes, I was more thinking of multiplayer game, where you get a notification that AIplayer x and AIplayer y want sth from you. For singleplayer it is indeed harder.

But since I'm already fixing and improving hellblazers notification mod, I could add this information for multiplayer maybe myself to the notifications...
I know that active deals are stored in DealManager.GetPlayerDeals(playerID,otherID) ... but were are open offers stored? Do you know this?

btw thanks for advisind better report screen, I will give it a try :)
Since you recommed it, I think it is well maintained. Bugs aare a no go for my multiplayer friends, so we can not use QCUI nor Production queue and other outdated UI mods =/
Good to see you keep updating your EDR mod :)

edit:
nevermind, I notepad++ search all lua files for DealManager and found "HasPendingDeal" :) ... but this wont give me the deals itself... lets search more and edit post later :D hmm... no did not find more..

Last edited:
Just decline everyone's offer and make your own deals next turn

Top Bottom