HP-giving Promotions?

The Fuzzician

Chieftain
One thing I noticed in the build I am playing, which i have not seen before, is the Dreadnought promotion on some ships, which grants extra HP. This seems like a really cool idea. Do any land units have this ability? Tanks seem like the kind of unit that would want it, since being on the front lines means they get shot a lot. Also, certain "tanking" units, like Swordsmen could certainly consider going down such a path. The Dauntless promotion looks equally cool, as a great defensive ability.

Only dreadnought right now.

The main issue remains the UI. There are still areas where the UI works on a 100 pt scale, so the bonus HP come out weird

Only dreadnought right now.

The main issue remains the UI. There are still areas where the UI works on a 100 pt scale, so the bonus HP come out weird
where? we should have fixed it months ago

Modmods incorporate bonus HP already like my Unique City-State Mod allowing Belgrade to grant Siege +25 Max HP.

where? we should have fixed it months ago

Modmods incorporate bonus HP already like my Unique City-State Mod allowing Belgrade to grant Siege +25 Max HP.

I know the Unit UI will show a barely alive in the red HP unit....that actually has like 40 HP.

I know the Unit UI will show a barely alive in the red HP unit....that actually has like 40 HP.
40/150 ~= 25%, you are red when you are below 25%.

Belgrade
Belgrade.png

You can do other cool things with it too. My 4UC mod has a unit that saps 20HP from the max hp of a target unit for 2 turns.

The health bar on the unit is correct, but the health bar in the bottom left frame is still based on a 100 scale IIRC.
Also the combat simulator doesn't handle it well (possibly related): it gives you the wrong impression that you're going to kill the unit.

I actually really like that idea. Having bonus HP on melee land units would be cool.

Bonus HP feels like something that should come from a really high tier promotion line that unlocks past one of the first ones. Say, finish Shock I -> Overrun, and then Regiment I ( +10 HP and +10%CS), Regiment II ( +10 HP and +10% CS), Regiment III ( +10 HP and +10% CS). Finally, if this unit manages to survive this long, it gets a fourth/finale promotion of the line. Maybe something like Legion (+20 HP and +20% CS). The names are mostly a placeholder, and I don't even know how much XP it would take to get there.

I wouldn't mind seeing HP promotions paired with less-powerful promotions like bonus sight and bonus movement. Bonus sight has its value...but who really would ever take it over...any other promotion?

Top Bottom