Humankind - Dutch discussion

bite

Unofficial Civilization Cartographer
Super Moderator

@bite beat you to it by 1 minute :p

I guess no surprise here we were all expecting the Dutch. The V.O.C Warehouse looks sweet in the thumbnail, I want to see it on a screnshot.

@CivLuvah
It looks like the Dutch can appear without a polder.

As expected (both the Dutch appearing first in Early Modern and the Merchant trait). No Polders, but VOC Warehouse makes sense for the Dutch during this era. But I'm not so sure which culture is next. Possibly the Iroquois? Japanese? Could the Inca be actually in?

Must-have choice for the early modern. Remains to be seen if this means no Portugal, if this means Indonesia is locked in, if if we interpret this as British/Hanoverians locked in?

probably means we aren’t getting Malacca, at any rate.

Must-have choice for the early modern. Remains to be seen if this means no Portugal, if this means Indonesia is locked in.

probably means we aren’t getting Malacca, at any rate.

I don't expect Malacca. And this is coming from someone whose parents were born in Malaysia. I like visiting Melaka though. :D

I wounder if you will get a bonus for chaining Warehouses across the globe?

Is this the first overtly civilian/non-military unique unit we’ve seen? This would be like giving the US an 18 wheeler semi-truck as a unique.

D is pretty far down the list, do we can another skipped one like the Aztecs hiding in there?

Oh you are right!, got so caught up in how pretty the warehouse is that I didn't notice...no Chinampa for Aztec either, maybe they don't want quarters that can turn water into usable land? :p
I suspect yes, humankind territory system would probably not work well with water based districts given it look like to be quite similar to endless legends.

The fluyt has always been one of my favorite sailing vessels...but despite knowing the Dutch pronunciation I have no idea how to pronounce it in English. :p Having New York Dutch relations my instinct is that it's a homophone with "flight," like Van Schuyver.

You know, I really like set of playable factions in this game overall, but sometimes I am surprised they are not doing deconstructions more often - such as Dutch being scientific, Persia being cultural power etc. Thanks God they made medieval Muslims scientific instead of "hurr jihad conquest" or "bazaar trade" I Guess ;)

Also, I have to say at this point that I can imagine few ways to reveal cultures more cool than Twitter posts seen by few hundred fans at most and containing no details ;)

Top Bottom