Humankind Game by Amplitude

This must be a reveal of something *using* the art to build more suspense. They've already done art streams.

I think this is showing a tie-in with their other Endless games, since it is also streaming on the Endless channel.

This must be a reveal of something *using* the art to build more suspense. They've already done art streams. I think this is showing a tie-in with their other Endless games, since it is also streaming on the Endless channel.

The official twitter account of TGA tweeted about this stream, while both Amplitude's and Humankind's official account replied positively.

Ok cool, an announcement of an announcement. At least it was pretty!

And the Game Awards are tonight so it's only a few more hours until the actual announcement.

The artist bothered repositioning the birds, and the devs seemed to indicate that mattered somehow? There's 3 covered up by the words, and 2 way up by the eye. Also the artist added eyeshadow to the Sphinx near the end, along with the Sphinx's shadow. I would've expected both to be done before the Dungeon of the Endless characters got placed on the side of it...

Maybe whoever was running the Humankind account simply meant that it mattered to the artist that it looked perfect.

With all the instant complaining as soon as the countdown ended and art started, I wonder how anybody plays strategy games anymore. Have some patience people!

That being said, announcements of announcements annoy me tremendously. But the fact that it was basically a pre-awards stream makes it ok, plus it was actually quite enjoyable to watch.

No, I don't think the position of the birds is particularly important, unless I missed a memo. But our artists can be quite meticulous about their compositions.

If there was audio directly related to the artwork, the guy on the lower right would be saying,
"Hey, they got the nose wrong!"

And he would be a CivFanatic . . .

Luckily for the Pharaoh's peace of mind, , there's a place reserved under the nearest Pyramid for critics

What the announcement was about:

Also
Humankind Announcemnet.jpg

More details:
https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/humankind/blogs/748-humankind-lucy-opendev-announced

Amplitude just keeps on giving!

As I understand it though, to get to play the Lucy OpenDev you have to have pre-ordered the game. This, of course, will serve to help Amplitude to take in more money before actual release.

But
4 Eras, 40 Factions to play, 7 opponents, 100 turns - should have a pretty good idea how the game plays from this OpenDev - except maybe for combat with air units and modern long-range artillery, it looks like they are going to show off everything else up to the end of the 'renaissance' . . .

And Yes, Virginia, I've already Pre-Ordered some time ago!

As I understand it though, to get to play the Lucy OpenDev you have to have pre-ordered the game. This, of course, will serve to help Amplitude to take in more money before actual release.

There is twitch drop too : "Watch enough Humankind streams on Twitch, and you might even win a key to try the Lucy OpenDev yourself!' ;)

Oh, there is new screenshots on the steam page, some really interesting ones !
But I will put this one ...

Last edited:
Oh, there is new screenshots on the steam page, some really interesting ones !
But I will put this one ...

Spoiler :

Much improved English art if I do say so myself.

Also, this OpenDev is totally gonna make up my mind for whether I was gonna pre-order or not. The last OpenDev I was too busy to play more than a few turns and check out the tech tree, but I'm definitely doing multiple runs for this one.

I like to play it safe when writing my blogs. ;)

150 > 100 ... yup, the math checks out.

Also, this OpenDev is totally gonna make up my mind for whether I was gonna pre-order or not. The last OpenDev I was too busy to play more than a few turns and check out the tech tree, but I'm definitely doing multiple runs for this one.

Ummm, how do I tell you this? I don't think that's going to work. This OpenDev is only for people who've already pre-ordered.

From the Games2Gether blog post:
"From December 15th at 16:00 CET (10:00 EST, 7:00 PST) to December 28th at 16:00 CET, anybody who has pre-purchased Humankind on Steam can try out the new (English language only) Lucy OpenDev. "

I'm pretty sure if you pre-order between now and December 27th you'll get a chance to play it. Limiting it to people who have already pre ordered would be totally bizzare, the whole point is to coax people who havent done it yet (like myself) to bite the bullet and put the cash down (its working...)

Top Bottom