Humankind Quick Questions and Answers

Don't have land borders, trade abroad, or build harbors. There is also a civics path: Cultural Blessing into Foreign Customs. First choose Multiculturalism, then choose Cultural Eradication.

Don'ts. Forgot to mention airports also act like harbors. A state of war also interrupts influence spread between hostile combatants.

Why have I no option to declare war?
x.png

1705572988261.png

Is war support tied to units lost? This is stupid. They have no armies left on the continent, while I have three still standing. Also I took back the one city they took, yet I am close to defeat (18 War Support)

Is war support tied to units lost? This is stupid. They have no armies left on the continent, while I have three still standing. Also I took back the one city they took, yet I am close to defeat (18 War Support)
Yes, war support changes depend on units lost (2 point change for every unit lost). War support represents the willingness of your population to support your war, and they're not exactly fond of your troops dying in faraway lands even if you completely wipe out the enemy military.

Yes, war support changes depend on units lost (2 point change for every unit lost). War support represents the willingness of your population to support your war, and they're not exactly fond of your troops dying in faraway lands even if you completely wipe out the enemy military.
Thanks, but I was defending my land from an invader. You'd think my enemy would have a greater penalty for her troops dying in a faraway land compared to me

Better examples:
Soviet Union in WWII. With a combination of Ideology, patriotism, and an absolutely murderous opponent, the USSR sacrificed more than 27,000,000 of their own people, or at least 5 times the casualties they inflicted, but kept fighting until they and their allies crushed the enemy.
France in WWI: lost almost half of all the men in the country between the ages of 20 and 40, but the enemy ended up crying for an armistice first, despite a lower percentage of loss.

Some combination of 'patriotism' brought on by the nature of the enemy, your own culture and history, and the adroitness of your own government/leaders in invoking them should modify War Weariness. Note that Stalin very carefully did not tell his people to fight for Communism: the most common wartime popular slogans, invoked on the sides of tank turrets, in official orders and posters, were za Rodinu! - 'For the Motherland', and 'Death to the Fascist Occupiers!' - the first completely traditionally patriotic, the second invoking the murderous policies of the Nazis.

Why does cultures become locked? just because other tribes have a ceritan culture on the other side of the earth doesn't mean we cant have a simular culture?

Top Bottom